Crunchyroll is an American-based content provider which mainly focuses on streaming anime, manga, and drama. It is one of the few legally streaming anime applications available in the world. It has more than 35 million subscribers across the world. Crunchyroll contains more than 900 anime shows, 200+ Asian dramas, and more than 50 manga titles in it. It is one of the compatible Chromecast apps which allows users to directly cast from their mobile applications. Let us discuss more on how to Chromecast Crunchyroll contents to TV.
How to Chromecast Crunchyroll?
There are two methods to cast Crunchyroll anime on your TV. Here are the two methods:
- Cast Crunchyroll from the Phone
- Cast Crunchyroll using the Chrome browser from your Desktop.
How to cast Crunchyroll to TV from your Phone
Note: Chromecast is supported on both Android and iOS platforms. Hence, you can use the below steps on both devices to cast Crunchyroll.
1. Connect the Google Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Make sure that the Chromecast and your mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi network. If it is not connected, then connect both to the same network.
4. Play the video which you want to cast.
5. You will find the “Cast” icon on the top right corner of the video player.
6. Click on the cast icon.
7. The application will display the available devices to cast.
8. Click on the Chromecast device to which you are going to cast.
The video will now play on your TV using Chromecast. While the video is getting cast, you can minimize the app on your mobile phone and start using it for other purposes.
How to Chromecast Crunchyroll to TV using Chrome browser on a PC
1. Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Ensure that your desktop and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Open “https://www.crunchyroll.com/” on your Chrome browser.
4. Click on the three-dotted menu icon on the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
5. Now click on the “Cast” button under the Menu option.
6. Chrome will search for the available Chromecast devices.
7. Click on the “Sources” button.
8. Now select “Cast Tab” to cast the particular tab. (By default casting tab option is selected).
9. Click on the Chromecast device to cast the tab.
10. Select your favorite video to watch on the TV.
The video will play on your TV. While the video is getting cast, you can work on your computer which will not affect the video.
What to do if the In-built Cast feature is not working?
If you can’t find the cast option on the Crunvhyoll on your Android or iPhone, make sure to update the latest version of the app. If the option still doesn’t appear then, follow the screen mirroring steps mentioned below,
On Android Device
1. Make sure to connect your phone and Chromecast device with the same internet connection.
2. On your phone, visit the Notification panel and click on the Cast option.
3. Choose your Chromecast device from the list to connect.
4. Now, launch the Crunchyroll app and sign in with your account credentials.
5. Select any content to play and start streaming it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
On iOS Device
1. Connect your iPhone and Chromecast device with the same internet connection.
2. Visit the App Store to launch the Replica app and Crunchyroll app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Launch the Cruchyroll app and log in with your account details.
4. Open the Replica app and pick your Chromecast device.
5. Click on the Start button to start casting.
6. Now, play any connect on Crunchyroll and enjoy it on your TV screen.
Why isn’t Crunchyroll Working on Chromecast?
If your Crunchyroll video is not loading, it can be fixed by following simple troubleshooting techniques like
- Connect your smartphone and Chromecast device with a stable internet connection.
- Check for the connection and restart your Chromecast device.
- Update the Chrome browser/ Crunchyroll app.
- Update the Chromecast firmware.
Other Compatible devices
Crunchyroll is compatible with most devices including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG TV, Sony TV, Vizio Smart TV, and also with gaming consoles like PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch.
Here are some of the best apps that provide anime shows with great streaming quality for your Chromecast device.
The above are the two methods to cast Crunchyroll videos on your TV. By casting the videos, you can sit back and enjoy the anime movies and series with your family. Your mobile device or the desktop acts as a remote while casting.
Yes, you can watch Crunchyroll on Chromecast easily with its in-built cast feature.
Yes, you can install Crunchyroll from the Roku Channel Store on Roku.
Try using a VPN on your streaming device to stop buffering issues.