Whatsapp is one of the best messaging apps that has billions of users from all around the world. This application was developed as a cross-platform messaging app. With Whatsapp, you can text chat, audio, or video call other Whatsapp users for free. This application is available on almost all platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, etc. If you are looking to cast Whatsapp video calls to TV, you can easily do it with the help of Google Chromecast 3rd Gen or later devices. You can either screen mirror the smartphone or use the Chrome browser on your PC to cast the Whatsapp app.
How to Cast WhatsApp on Chromecast from Android Phone
The first thing to do is to connect the Chromecast and your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Install the Whatsapp app from the Google Play Store.
2. Then, launch the Whatsapp app and sign in to your account.
3. Now, open the Notification Panel while the Whatsapp app runs in the background.
4. Tap on Cast and choose the Chromecast device.
5. Once the connection is established, you will see the Android screen on your TV.
6. Open Whatsapp and choose a person from your contacts list.
7. Tap on the Video Call icon at the top.
8. Now, you can chat with your friends on your TV.
How to Cast Whatsapp on Chromecast-connected TV from iPhone or iPad
Before proceeding to the steps, make sure to install the Whatsapp app from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. Then, connect your Chromecast device and iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Go to the App Store and install the Replica app.
2. Then, launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
3. After selecting your Chromecast device on the Replica app, tap on the Start button. Then, select Start Broadcast on the pop-up menu.
4. Once the screen is mirrored, open Whatsapp and sign in using your mobile number.
5. Select a contact and initiate a video call to view it on your TV.
How to Chromecast Whatsapp Web using Chrome browser on your Desktop
Before jumping into the steps, ensure that the Chromecast device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. If not, change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast and connect it properly.
1: Open the Chrome browser on your desktop.
2: Go to the website https://web.whatsapp.com/ and scan the QR code using the Whatsapp app on your Smartphone.
3: After signing in, right-click on the webpage and click on the Cast option.
4: The Chrome browser will search for available devices and displays them.
5: Click on the sources button and tap on the Cast Tab option.
6: Now, click on the Chromecast device name to cast the particular Chrome tab on your TV.
7. Whatsapp will now appear on your TV. You can read messages, check statuses and start a conversation. You can also view images available on Whatsapp and play videos as well.
Features of WhatsApp:
- Every message, including texts, audio, image, and video on WhatsApp, are end-to-end encrypted.
- Like Snapchat and Facebook, you can also update a status that will be shown to your contacts.
- Up to 8 members can join and chat on a WhatsApp group call.
- It also allows you to delete messages anytime.
- By enabling the disappearing feature, the messages you have done to the particular contact will be automatically removed after the period of time (24 hours, 7 days, and 90 days) you have set.
- You can customize the WhatsApp background and notification sound for a particular person.
- WhatsApp has built-in dark mode support.
- You can hide your chats on WhatsApp by archiving them.
- With WhatsApp, you can make high-quality audio and video calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
By using the Replica app, you can cast the Whatsapp app from your iPhone.
Yes. WhatsApp is free to download and use.