Whatsapp is one of the best messaging apps that have billions of users from all around the world. This application was initially developed as a cross-platform messaging app. Whatsapp was acquired by Facebook in 2014, and plenty of features were added to it. With Whatsapp, you can audio or video call other Whatsapp users for free. Like Snapchat and Facebook, you can also update a status which will be shown to your contacts. This application is available on almost all platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, etc. If you are looking to cast Whatsapp video calls to TV, you can easily do it with the help of Google Chromecast 3rd Gen or later devices. There are two ways to cast the Whatsapp app. You can either screen mirror the smartphone or use the Chrome browser on your PC to cast the Whatsapp app.
How to Chromecast Whatsapp using Android Smartphone
The first thing to do is to connect the Chromecast and your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Install the Whatsapp app from the Google Play Store.
2. Then, launch the Whatsapp app and sign in to your account.
3. Now, open the Notification Panel while the Whatsapp app runs in the background.
4. Tap on Cast and choose the Chromecast device.
5. Once the connection is established, you will see the Android screen on your TV.
6. Open Whatsapp and choose a person from your contacts list.
7. Tap on the Video Call icon at the top.
8. Now, you can chat with your friends on your TV.
How to Cast Whatsapp to Chromecast-connected TV [iPhone or iPad]
Before proceeding into the steps, make sure to install the Whatsapp app from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. Then, connect your Chromecast device and iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Go to the App Store and install the Replica app.
2. Then, launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
3. After selecting your Chromecast device on the Replica app, tap on the Start button.
4. Once the screen is mirrored, open Whatsapp and sign in using your mobile number.
5. Select a contact and initiate a video call to view it on your TV.
How to Chromecast Whatsapp Web using Chrome browser on your Desktop
Before jumping into the steps, ensure that the Chromecast device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. If not, change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast and connect it properly.
1: Open the Chrome browser on your desktop.
2: Go to the website https://web.whatsapp.com/ and scan the QR code using the Whatsapp app on your Smartphone.
3: After signing in, right-click on the webpage and click on the Cast option.
4: The Chrome browser will search for available devices and displays them.
5: Click on the sources button and tap on the Cast Tab option.
6: Now, click on the Chromecast device name to cast the tab to your TV.
7. Whatsapp will now appear on your TV. You can read messages, check statuses and start a conversation. You can also view images available on Whatsapp and play videos as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
By using the Replica app, you can cast the Whatsapp app from your iPhone.
To cast the Whatsapp video calls on TV, follow the steps below.
* Connect and set up the Chromecast device with your TV.
* Mirror your Smartphone screen to the Chromecast-connected TV and view the Whatsapp video calls on your TV.