MX Player is a famous video player for Android. The application was very famous for its UI. You can swipe right and left to forward and reverse the video and swipe up and down to adjust volume and set the brightness in your Android. After successfully managing the local files, MX Player is now streaming web series, movies and live TV channels as well. You can find the web version as well where you can watch all the online contents of MX Player. As of now, MX Player is not compatible with Chromecast and hence, you will find difficulties in casting the video. But you can still Chromecast MX Player with limited features.
How to Chromecast MX Player to TV?
There are two ways of casting MX Player to your TV.
- Screen mirror MX Player app from your Android
- Cast MX Player through Chrome browser from your Desktop
If you want to cast local files from your mobile phones, then screen mirroring is one of the options.
Related: How to Chromecast Vimeo to TV?
Screen mirror MX Player app from your Android
1. Connect Chromecast and your phone to the same WiFi Network.
2. Open Google Home app and click on the menu icon.
3. Tap on “Cast Screen/Audio“.
4. Again click on “Cast Screen/Audio“.
5. The available devices will appear. Click on the Chromecast through which you want to cast.
Your entire phone screen will now appear on the TV. Everything which is displayed on your mobile will get screened to the TV through Chromecast.
6. Open MX Player on your mobile and start playing the video you want.
7. Leave your phone aside and start watching the movie.
Note: As the mobile is getting screened, all the notifications and messages will get displayed on the TV.
Related: How to Chromecast iPhone?
1. Install “Localcast” app on your mobile.
2. Now connect your phone and Chromecast to the same Wifi network.
3. Open MX Player app and start playing your favorite video.
4. Click on the three-dotted menu icon of MX Player.
5. You will find the tools menu. Click on “Tools“.
6. There will be an option called “Share“. Click on “Share“.
7. Now choose “Localcast” app to share the video.
8. The video will open through the local cast and it will search for available Chromecast devices.
9. Click on the Chromecast device.
10. The video/movie will play on your TV.
You can minimize the app and start using your phone. The video is getting cast and not getting mirrored. Therefore, the TV doesn’t display any notifications.
Chromecast MX Player from Desktop
If you planning to cast online video of MX Player, then this will be the best method.
1. Connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Open “mxplayer.in” on your Chrome browser.
3. Open a video and start playing it.
4. Now click on the three-dotted icon.
5. Tap on “Cast“.
6. Chrome browser will search for available devices and display the result.
7. Click on “Sources“.
8. By default, the “Cast Tab” option will be selected. If not select the “Cast Tab” option.
9. Now click on the Chromecast to cast the current MX Player tab.
The video will now play on your TV. You can minimize the app and start working on your PC which doesn’t affect your video which is getting cast.
Related: How to Chromecast Netflix?
Thus, you can use any one of the above methods to Chromecast MX Player to TV. MX Player is now creating its own content and releasing it as a web series. In the future, this app might be made compatible to Chromecast and we might get a direct cast button from the MX Player app. Until then, we have to follow any of the above methods to cast the app to TV.
Thank you, Folks! Leave your queries and feedback in the below comment section.