Ace Stream Media is a free, open-source media player that supports multiple video formats such as Ogg, FLAC, TS, MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, M2TS, etc. It allows you to stream local media files as well as videos broadcasted via network streams like BitTorrent, RTMP, FTP, and more. This application also has an option to add subtitles. The interface of this application is simple and looks similar to MX Player. Like other media players, it has gestures to adjust volume and brightness. Ace Stream is a Chromecast-compatible app. So, you can directly cast the app to your TV without screen mirroring. The iOS users cannot cast the app due to the app’s unavailability in the App Store. The below-given steps are only applicable to Android and Windows users.
- Google Chromecast – Chromecast Ultra or later devices.
- A TV with an HDMI port
- Android smartphone or PC
- Wi-Fi network
- Connect and set up the Google Chromecast with your TV.
- Connect your Android smartphone or PC and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the Ace Stream app on your PC.
- Install the latest version of the Google Chrome browser on your Windows PC.
How to Cast Ace Stream on Chromecast-connected TV [Android Smartphone]
1. Install the Ace Stream Media app from the Play Store.
2. Launch the Ace Stream Media app and grant access to all the necessary permissions.
3. Click the Cast icon displayed on the top.
4. Locate and tap your Chromecast device from the list.
5. Once connected, you will see the app screen on your TV.
6. Play any media file on the Ace Stream player and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. If you want to stop casting, click the Cast icon and choose Disconnect.
How to Cast Ace Stream on Chromecast-connected using PC
1. Open Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Click the three-dotted icon exhibited in the top-right corner of the Chrome browser.
3. Scroll down and hit the option Cast.
4. A small menu will pop up on the screen. Click the option Cast Desktop displayed under the Sources drop-down.
5. Now, select your Chromecast device to mirror the PC screen.
6. After mirroring your computer screen, minimize the Chrome browser and launch the Ace Stream Media Player on your PC. Then, play any media file from your local storage.
7. As the PC screen is mirrored, you will be able to see the content on the PC as well as the Chromecast-connected TV.
8. If you want to stop the casting, go to the Chrome browser >> click the three-dots icon >> Tap Cast >> Select your Chromecast to stop casting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, Ace Stream is not available on App Store. So, you cannot Chromecast Ace Stream using your iPhone.
Yes. As Ace Stream player has an in-built cast feature, you can easily cast the app to your TV.