If you are an anime fanatic, you must try Funimation which has a huge library of anime content. Funimation is compatible with almost all devices including Smart TVs. If your Smart TV is running out of storage, you can Chromecast Funimation the content using the Cast feature on the mobile app.
Funimation is one of the best alternatives to Crunchyroll and it is available only in selected regions, such as the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. To get Funimation outside the restricted regions, you need to use a VPN with Chromecast to unblock the limitations.
Follow this article to Chromecast Funimation from your smartphone to your TV with the provided steps. We also covered the solutions to the common issues when casting.
How to Cast Funimation to TV using Chromecast [Android / iOS]
Funimation is a premium anime platform. We suggest you subscribe to a premium plan starting at $7.99/month to access Funimation.
1. Open the Funimation app. If you don’t have the app, download the app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Launch the Funimation app and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Click the Cast icon displayed in the top right corner.
4. In the device list, choose your Chromecast device.
5. When the casting process is successful, you will see the app screen on Chromecast-connected TV.
6. If you want to stop the casting process, click the Cast icon and click Stop Casting.
How to Chromecast Funimation using PC
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
NOTE: You must connect your PC and Chromecast device to the same WiFi network.
2. Enter Funimation’s website URL https://www.funimation.com in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click Log In and enter your login credentials.
4. After the successful login, play any video. (Choose from the available videos).
5. While playing the video, click the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
6. Choose the Cast option on the list.
7. Select your Chromecast device from the list.
8. Click the Sources option and choose Cast Tab.
On doing the above steps successfully, the video will be cast on your Chromecast TV.
Fixes for Funimation Not Working on Chromecast
There are multiple reasons present when Funimation isn’t working on Chromecast. Below, we have listed the common issues and fixes for it.
1. Check the connections – For a successful casting, ensure the devices are connected to the same WiFi.
2. Fix the internet speed – If the internet speed is slow, you won’t be able to cast videos swiftly. Restart the router or contact the internet provider to fix it.
3. Check the Chromecast connection – When the Chromecast device isn’t well connected to the TV, you might experience a black screen. Use the same HDMI cables that come with the Chromecast.
4. Restart Chromecast – If your smartphone or PC can’t detect Chromecast, restart it.
5. Update the Funimation app – Sometimes, if the app is incompatible with the device you can’t make the Chromecast successful. Try updating the app.
6. Update Chromecast – Try upgrading the Chromecast device and check again.
You need to connect to a strong internet connection to stream Funimation without any issues.
Yes, Funimation has a 14-day free trial for new users. You can cancel the free trial anytime within the period.