There is always a time when your best device causes some issues like getting hung often or working too slow. The device might get back to normal if you reset it. Sometimes you might face similar issues in Google Chromecast as well. Even Google is suggesting users reset their Chromecast if there are facing any issues after updating. There are two methods to reset a Chromecast. Let us discuss the steps required on How to Reset Chromecast easily.
How to Reset Chromecast?
Here are the two methods required to reset Chromecast:
- Using the Google Home App
- Using the button in the Chromecast device
Related: Chromecast Amazon Prime Video
How to Reset Chromecast using the Google Home App?
Follow the steps below to reset using the Google Home application:
1. Open the Google Home application on your phone.
2. On the home screen of the application, click on the “Devices” button located on the upper right corner of the app.
3. Choose the device name which you want to reset.
4. Go to the device settings tab.
5. Click on the three-dotted menu icon which is located on the top of the device page.
6. You will find the “Factory Reset” button. Click on it to reset your Chromecast.
7. The app will prompt for confirmation. Click “Yes” to proceed.
The Chromecast will start the factory resetting process.
Related: List of Compatible Chromecast Apps
Note: By resetting your Chromecast, you will lose all the data synced with it. Therefore, think twice before resetting your device.
How to Reset Chromecast using the button in the Device?
Chromecast 1st generation:
Plugin the Chromecast to your TV and press and hold the button in Chromecast for 25 seconds until the LED lights begin flashing on your device. You can find your TV going blank and Chromecast starts rebooting.
Chromecast 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen and Ultra:
Plugin the Chromecast to your TV and press the button on the sides until the blinking orange light turns into white. Release once it turns into white and you can see the Chromecast rebooting.
Related: How to Chromecast from Laptop to TV?
The above are the two methods that can be used to factory reset your Chromecast. By resetting your Google Chromecast, you will lose your data which can not be undone. You can proceed to reset only if you have no other solution to solve the issue on your device.
Thank you! If you have any queries or comments, leave it in the below section.