How to Update Chromecast? [2019 Latest]
Google Chromecast is a media streaming device that allows you to stream contents from your device to your TV. You just need a Chromecast, WiFi Connectivity, TV with an HDMI port and a device to cast contents. There are different types of Chromecast available and the firmware version varies for each version. The most recent version of Chromecast gets the latest update while other types use the older version of the firmware. By updating the software, the minor bugs get cleared and the quality of the software increases as well. Let us discuss the procedure on How to update Chromecast in this post.
Before Updating Chromecast!
You have to perform certain steps before updating Chromecast.
1. Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of a TV.
2. Open Google Home app on your mobile.
3. Tap on the “Devices” button to see the set of available devices.
4. Click on the device for which you want to check the update.
5. On the device page, click on the settings menu.
6. Scroll down to the bottom to find the firmware version number of your Chromecast device.
7. Click here to check the latest firmware versions provided by Google.
8. Compare the latest version number along with the version number of your device.
If the version numbers are the same, then your device is up to date and there is no update available. If the number varies, then your Chromecast is not yet updated.
Related: How to cast VLC to Chromecast?
How to Update Chromecast?
After comparing the firmware versions, if the numbers vary, then follow the below steps to update Chromecast:
1. On the device settings page, click on the three-dotted icon on the top right corner.
2. Tap on “Reboot“.
3. The Chromecast will start rebooting.
4. While rebooting, the Chromecast will check for updates automatically and downloads the files required.
5. You can check the update progress on your TV screen.
Note: The update might take place for 10 to 15 minutes. You can’t cast anything during an update.
Related: How to Chromecast Netflix?
Google Chromecast checks for an update whenever you turn it on. If you still want to check, then check the firmware version number first as mentioned above and then proceed for rebooting if there is a mismatch between the two version numbers. By updating the software, you might get new features added or some bugs fixed as well. Hence, whenever there is an update, first update your device and then use it.
Thank you for reading this post. Visit www.chromecastappstips.com for more Chromecast Tips & Tricks.