Vizio Smart TV has in-built Chromecast options. It is one of the Chromecast enabled TV which supports Apple Airplay as well. Vizio has named its casting feature as Vizio Supercast. With Vizio, you can cast all your favourite movies and TV Shows using all the Chromecast compatible apps. If you own a Chromecast cast, you can either use built-in cast option on Vizio TV or use the Chromecast device.
How to use built-in Chromecast on Vizio TV?
As it has a built-in cast option, you can easily cast your favourite contents on Vizio TV.
Note: Connect your TV and the device from which you are casting to the same WiFi Network.
(1) Open the app from which you are going to cast on your Android or iOS smartphone. To cast, choose the app which is compatible with Chromecast. For example Netflix, YouTube.
(2) Play a video or movie which you want to cast.
(3) You will find the “Cast” icon on the top right corner of your app. Click on it.
(4) The Vizio TV name will appear. Click on it.
The content you selected will now play on your Vizio TV with the built-in cast option.
Note: You can cast from any devices like Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac as well. On Windows and Mac, you can cast using your Chrome browser.
How to cast to Vizio TV using a separate Chromecast device?
If you have a Chromecast device on your hand, then try using it instead of the built-in option.
(1) Plug-in Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
(2) Connect your Chromecast and the device from which you are casting to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the app from which you are casting and click on the cast icon.
(4) Select the Chromecast device to which you want to cast.
The video will now play on your Vizio Smart TV.
Note: You can perform all sort of operations like casting movies, casting games, casting music, screen mirroring your phone, screen mirroring video conference, screen mirroring desktop with both the above methods on your Vizio Smart TV.
Smartcast is one of the best features of Vizio TV. With Smartcast, you can cast all sort of contents from all platforms including Android and iPhone. If the in-built cast option is not working, then try an external Chromecast device to stream videos on your TV.