Nowadays, every Smart TV comes with built-in Chromecast support, and the Samsung Smart TV is no exception. The latest models of Samsung TVs come with the built-in Chromecast feature. Thereby letting you cast your favorites on the big screen. If you have an old Samsung TV model, you won’t have the option to cast your favorites to the big screen. But with the Chromecast device casting your favorites to the Samsung Smart TV is made possible. Moreover, it is relatively easy to set up Chromecast using the Google Home app.
How to Chromecast with Samsung TV
Samsung has a screen mirroring option that lacks a few features present in Chromecast. Additionally, there are two types of TVs when it comes to Chromecast.
- TVs with inbuilt Chromecast
- TVs with HDMI port (Without inbuilt Chromecast)
How to Cast to Samsung Smart TV without In-Built Chromecast
If your TV doesn’t contain any inbuilt Chromecast support, then you have to buy a Chromecast device to cast movies and videos from your phone to your TV. Samsung Smart TV falls under this category. Therefore, if you own a Samsung Smart TV, you must buy a Chromecast device to cast to your TV.
How to Setup Chromecast for Samsung TV?
Follow the steps to cast your smartphone’s screen to Samsung Smart TV that doesn’t have an in-built Chromecast feature.
- A Samsung Smart TV (With HDMI port)
- Chromecast device
- WiFi connectivity
- Android or iOS Smartphone
You can follow the procedure below to Chromecast / Cast to Samsung Smart TV using the Google Home app.
1: Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
2: Connect your Chromecast and phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Install the Google Home app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
4. Next, launch the Google Home app.
5. Tap on the + icon from the upper right corner.
6. If you are a new user, you must create a home or tap on the Setup device.
7. Next, you need to Choose a home or create a new home.
8. If you didn’t turn on the Wi-Fi on your iOS Smartphone, turn it on.
9. Enable access to the location and turn on Bluetooth.
10. The Google Home app will search for the nearby device.
11. Choose your Chromecast device.
12. A verification code will appear on your Samsung TVs screen and your smartphone’s screen.
13. Verify that the code you see on your TV screen is the same as on your smartphone’s screen.
14. Now, you have the option to link your streaming service if subscribed to any. You can either add or skip this process.
15. The Final step is to name your Chromecast device. Next, tap on Save.
16. Now, go to the home screen of your Google Home app.
17. Select Living Room TV and tap on the Cast my screen option from the lower-left corner.
18. From the pop-up window, tap on the cast screen.
19. Now, you can open any app to play its content or play a video from the internal storage to watch it on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Cast on Samsung Smart TV with In-Built Chromecast
When it comes to TVs with inbuilt Chromecast, you can easily cast by connecting the TV and your phone to the same Wi-Fi network. If you own a TV with inbuilt Chromecast support, then there is no necessity to buy a separate Chromecast device.
Click here to see the list of Chromecast Built-in TVs!
Plenty of compatible Chromecast apps allow users to easily cast videos from their application.
1: Connect the Chromecast device and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2: Open any compatible Chromecast apps like Netflix, YouTube, etc.
3: Play any video.
4: You will find the Cast icon on the top right corner of your video player.
5. Click on the Cast icon and tap over the Chromecast device name.
How to Cast Android Phone Samsung Smart TV
1. Connect your Samsung Smart TV and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Notification panel, tap on Cast, and select your Samsung Smart TV.
3. Then, Select Allow on your Samsung Smart TV to start the screen mirroring process.
4. Your Android Smartphone’s screen will mirror your Samsung Smart TV.
How to AirPlay to Samsung Smart TV
We wish to inform you that Samsung Smart TV also has AirPlay support, but you must enable it from Settings.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Source button.
2. Select Settings. And from Setting, select General from the left pane.
3. Choose Apple AirPlay Settings.
4. Select the AirPlay option and turn it on.
5. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network.
6. Go to the Control Centre and select Screen Mirroring.
7. Next, select your Samsung Smart TV.
Alternatively: Go to the application that supports AirPlay. And tap on the AirPlay icon and select your Samsung Smart TV.
8. Now, you can see your iOS device’s screen on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Cast to Samsung Smart TV using the SmartThings App
Smart TV is the official app to connect all of your Samsung devices. Also, you can use the SmartThings app to mirror your smartphone’s screen to your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Connect your Samsung Smart TV and Android or iOS Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
NOTE: Install the SmartThings app from the Google Play Store and App Store.
2. Launch the SmartThings app after installation.
3. Click on the Plus icon.
4. Select the Device option.
5. From the Home appliance section, select TV and the brand as Samsung.
6. Tap on your Samsung Smart TV from the list of available devices and select the Start button.
8. Now, enter the PIN displayed on your TV.
9. Finally, you’re all set up. Swipe from up to down to bring up the Notification Panel.
10. Select your Samsung Smart TV.
11. Next, select the Mirror Screen option.
12. Select Allow on your Samsung Smart TV.
13. Your Android or iOS smartphone’s screen will display on your Samsung Smart TV.
14. With this, you can easily Chromecast photos and video to the TV.
What if my TV doesn’t have HDMI Port?
Some older models of Samsung Smart TVs don’t have an HDMI port. In this case, you can buy an HDMI to AV converter that may cost you around $13.You can easily connect with the converter by plugging in the RBG cables to your Samsung TV and Chromecast HDMI to the converter.
How to Troubleshoot Chromecast on Samsung TV Not Working Issues
You can follow the fixes to troubleshoot Chromecast not working issue.
- Make sure you connect your Chromecast device to your Samsung TV. Most blacking out and screen shuttering issues happen while casting due to an improper connection.
- If Chromecast doesn’t connect with your casting device, then ensure to connect the casting device and Chromecast with the same internet connection. Also, keep the device close to the WiFi router.
- You can rectify minor glitches on Chromecast by restarting the Chromecast device.
- Update the app or the Chrome Browser on a PC and restart your casting device to remove minor glitches on the PC/ phone.
- If any of these steps didn’t work, reset Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can Chromecast PC to Samsung Smart TV.
Yes, the latest released model of Samsung Smart TV comes with built-in Chromecast support.
You can use the built-in Chromecast support feature or set up the Chromecast device to cast YouTube to Samsung Smart TV.