YouTube is a leading video-sharing platform with over 2.6 billion active users. It offers the latest and trending videos in music, gaming, shopping, films, news, sports, learning, fashion, etc. Since it has built-in Chromecast support, you can cast videos from mobile to TV. Moreover, the YouTube app comes pre-installed on Android, iOS, Smart TV, gaming consoles, and more. If the YouTube app is not available on your Google TV, follow the below steps to install the app.
How to Install YouTube on Google TV
The YouTube app is natively available on the Google Play Store. So, you can easily install the app.
1. Turn on your Google TV and navigate to the Apps section.
2. Click the Search bar, type YouTube on it, and search for the app.
3. Select the YouTube tile and click the Install button on the description page.
4. Within a few seconds, the app will be installed on your Google TV immediately. Click the Open menu to launch the YouTube app.
5. Once the home screen of YouTube appears, click Sign in and enter your Google account credentials to get started.
6. Upon signing in, you can stream the YouTube videos with ease.
If you have purchased YouTube premium, you can watch YouTube videos without any interruptions. Otherwise, you will get both skippable and non-skippable advertisements in between the videos.
How to Stream YouTube on Chromecast with Google TV
Google TV also supports casting YouTube videos from your Android, iPhone, or iPad. All you have to do is connect your Google TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network.
- Chromecast with Google TV (HD) or Chromecast with Google TV (4K)
- You should have a Google account
- A stable WIFI network
Steps to Cast YouTube on Chromecast with Google TV
1. Make sure that you have connected Google TV and your smartphone to the same WIFI network.
2. Open the YouTube app on your device and sign in with your Google account.
Pro Tip: You can also stream videos without signing in.
3. Click the Cast icon which is located at the top menu bar.
4. Choose your Google TV and wait for the devices to connect with each other.
5. Once connected, select and play the YouTube video you want to watch. Once casting is started, you can continue using your smartphone for other purposes.
You can also sideload YouTube APK on Google TV by using the Downloader app. But, it is not recommended as you can find the YouTube app officially.
Yes, you can install and use the YouTube app for free.
YouTube Premium costs $11.99/mo (or) $119.99/year. It also has a Family plan that costs $22.99/mo which lets you add up to 5 family members. If you are a student, you can pay just $6.99 per month. All the premium plans include a 30-day free trial.