While casting a video, you are also casting the audio too. There is no compromise in that. Sometimes you can find the video on the TV screen, but you can’t hear any sound while casting with Chromecast. It is like watching soundless videos. There are various reasons for audio to not work properly. All these can be fixed, just like fixing Chromecast not working issues with simple DIY troubleshooting techniques. The issues maybe with your streaming device, but it will not be the case all the time. You have to make that the devices from which you are casting and the connected TV also work without any issues.
No Sound on Chromecast – Simple Fixes
Here are the few things that you can use whenever there is an audio problem while casting with Chromecast
- Check your Audio Input and Output TV Settings
- Change the Chromecast connection
- Audio Settings of the Video in the app or site
- Reboot Chromecast
- Reset Chromecast
Check your Audio Input and Output TV Settings
The first and foremost thing is to make sure that your TV isn’t muted. If so, then unmute your TV. Also, check for the volume settings on your TV. Here, the TV should receive the audio as input, process it, and output the same through the in-built speakers. Sometimes the TV may not be receiving proper input due to fault in the devices from which you are casting or with your TV. If so, you can launch the TV Settings and check for the audio settings. Likewise, the output must be delivered as the input. If not, you need to adjust the volume. In case, if you find issues are with the speaker, then you should definitely need to use an external speaker or get the device checked by the technicians.
Change the Chromecast connection
The Chromecast streaming device must be properly connected with your TV and also to the power supply. If not, you will face some issues.
- Check whether the HDMI Port is broken or is there any interruption with the connection. If so, tighten the connection or use an HDMI Extender.
- Also, check out whether the power supply is neither low nor high. In such cases, the devices may not perform. You can hear some additional noises. So you have to check it and get it done.
- Yet another connection required for the Chromecast to perform is the internet connection. The WiFi network is the essential one through which the devices from which you are casting and your TV will establish a connection. Make sure that both the devices are under the same WiFi network. If not, connect them properly. If you find issues with the router, then restart the router.
Audio Settings of the Video in the app or site
While playing video from your smartphone or computer, you have to make sure that the devices are not mute. Also, adjust the volume slider in the app or the site to get the full sound. Some videos will have dual audios which can be mixed and streamed. So go to the menu option and choose to Select a language setting and choose the language or the audio file which you want to accompany the video.
Restart your Chromecast, if you find issues with the streaming device. You can use the Google Home app to restart your streaming device. Launch the Google Home app and choose other Cast devices. Choose your Chromecast device name and choose Settings, tap the three-dotted menu option and choose Reboot. Now, tap Ok on the pop-up. The device will start restarting immediately.
If none of the above methods helps them, you should reset your Chromecast device, which is so simple. Press and hold the button on the back of the device until the light blinks yellow. Release the button when the light turns solid white. Then the device will reset.
If you find problems with the TV speaker, then you connect an external speaker or home theatre system. It will take care of your sound issues.
Updates don’t affect the sounds. But still, it is better to keep your devices’ firmware or software updated or the browser with all the latest updates. With all the above fixes, the audio must be working well with your Chromecast. If not, do contact the respective customer support and get some technical aid.