Are you excited about the F1 2023 season? All teams are done with their car launches and announcements. The first race of this F1 2023 is scheduled in Bahrain on March 5th, as usual. With the F1 TV app, you can watch all the F1 live races and highlights. If you have a Chromecast device, you can cast the F1 TV app and watch all the live races on a big screen.
Chromecast F1 TV
You can cast the F1 TV videos to your Google Chromecast in two different ways.
- Using Smartphone
- Using PC
How to Chromecast F1 TV App [Using Smartphone]
The F1 TV app for Android and iOS is equipped with Cast support. Using that, you can easily cast the app.
- Google Chromecast 2nd Gen or above version.
- A TV with an HDMI port.
- WiFi connection.
- F1 subscription.
1. Install the F1 TV app from the Google Play Store or the App Store on your smartphone.
2. Connect your smartphone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the F1 TV app and sign in with your account.
4. Choose the F1 live event or the highlight clips.
5. Tap on the Cast icon.
6. Select your Chromecast device from the list.
7. Now, the video from the F1 TV app will appear on your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. Cast the live F1 race from Bahrain at 3 PM GMT.
How to Chromecast F1 TV Website [Using PC]
Using the F1 TV website, you can cast the F1 races from your PC. To cast videos from a PC, you need to install the latest version of the Chrome browser.
1. Connect your Chromecast device and PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Google Chrome browser and go to the F1 TV website (https://f1tv.formula1.com/).
3. Click the Sign In button and enter your account credentials.
4. After the successful login, play any video content from the F1 TV website.
5. Now, right-click on the mouse and tap the Cast option.
6. Your Chromecast device will be displayed. Choose the device.
7. Now, the video will appear on your TV.
8. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click on your Chromecast device. You can also close the Google Chrome browser to stop the casting.
F1 TV Not Working on Chromecast
The F1 TV app has a lot of performance and cast issues. Some of them can be fixed, and some can’t. Some of the issues are mentioned below.
- When casting via browser, you may lose audio and video controls like Play, Pause, Volume, Mute, and more. If you have this issue, you need to stop the casting and refresh the Chrome browser. To prevent this issue, don’t change the live stream to an onboard driver camera or live radio. This is the main cause of the issue. As of now, there is no permanent solution for it.
- When casting the live race for a longer period of time (more than 30 minutes), you will get the black screen with the Ready to Cast message. This is one of the most common issues on the F1 TV app and the website. This is a software issue that needs to address by the F1 support team. As of now, there is no fix for this issue. If you get the Ready to Cast screen, you need to restart the casting process.
- If you are using any VPN on your smartphone or PC, you can’t cast the F1 races. Disconnect the VPN connection from your device and cast the race.
- Both the F1 TV app and website will work only on the Chromecast 2nd Gen or higher device. You can’t cast the F1 races to a Chromecast 1st Gen device.
- If you switch to live radios while casting, it may not work. Specific team radios like Mercedes and Ferrari are not working. So, don’t switch to these two teams’ radios while casting.
- If you have any casting issues apart from those mentioned above, you can restart the Chromecast device to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch all the race highlights on the Formula 1 channel. If you want, you can Chromecast the YouTube app and watch the highlights on your TV.