Brave Browser is one of the fast and free browsers that offer the utmost security for browsing. When casting content from a PC to Chromecast, we rely on the Chrome browser. But most of us don’t know that Brave Browser also has built-in cast support for Chromecast. Even though it is not popular, it has over 25 million monthly active users and 1 million verified publishers. If you have used any other web browser, you can easily import all the browser data to Brave. According to its official website, Brave browser loads web pages 6 times faster than Chrome & Safari. It has built-in tools to prevent malware attacks and keep your information safe and secure. Let’s discuss the procedure to cast the Brave browser from your PC to Chromecast-connected TV or Chromecast built-in TV.
How to Chromecast Brave Browser from your PC / Smartphone
Before heading to the steps, you can connect your Brave browser-installed PC (Windows or Mac) or Smartphone (Android or iOS device) and Chromecast to the same network.
(1) Turn on the devices and launch the Brave browser on the PC / Smartphone.
Note: Ensure that the Brave browser you installed on the PC is updated to the latest version. It is essential for bug-free streaming. If you haven’t installed it yet, get it from its official site. On your Smartphone, you can download the app from the official stores with the below link.
(2) Click the Hamburger menu that you can find in the top right corner.
(3) Select the Settings menu.
(4) On the left-side menu, click the Extension menu.
(5) Now, enable Media Router by clicking the toggle next to the menu.
(6) The browser will prompt you to restart it. Click the Relaunch Now menu to restart the browser.
(7) After relaunching the browser, close the Settings screen and open the web page that you want to cast
(8) Now, right-click anywhere on the screen and tap the Cast menu.
(9) Choose your Chromecast device and start casting it.
Brave is a genuine browser to use as a Chrome alternative for the casting process. Those who want to cast Brave browser from their smartphone have to mirror the device screen on Chromecast. After mirroring the device screen, they can send the Brave browser contents to a bigger screen.
How to Fix Brave Browser Not Working?
- If the Brave Brower is not opening, uninstall and reinstall Brave Browser on your device.
- If you face trouble installing the Brave Browser on your device, check whether you have sufficient storage on your device.
- To fix crashing issues, check the extensions and remove the extension that causes trouble. Also, clear the cache files and browser history to fix the issue.
Brave Browser is completely free to install and use.
Yes, Brave Browser is a chromium-based open-source platform.