Dropbox is cloud-based storage used to upload and transfer photos, documents, and other media files. After you store the media files, you can easily stream them on any device from where you are. Dropbox uploads the files automatically from your camera roll to the cloud photo storage. You can also share files that may be large or small with your friends. Further, it lets you access the file stored in your account offline, scan documents, IDs, receipts, and photos using your mobile and convert it to PDF files. You can restore the deleted files and recover the old versions using the file history and file recovery features. Dropbox is compatible with Android and iOS devices, but doesn’t support Chromecast. We have explained the walkaround to Chromecast Dropbox to TV.
How much does Dropbox cost?
|Subscription Plan||Cost/ Year||No. of Users and Data|
|Dropbox Plus||$9.99||1 user with |
2000 GB of encrypted cloud storage
|Dropbox Family||$16.99||up to 6 users with|
2000 GB of encrypted cloud storage
|Profession +eSign||$24.99||1 user with |
3000 GB of encrypted cloud storage
How to Chromecast Dropbox to TV
There are three ways Chromecast Dropbox to TV.
1. Chromecast from Android Smartphone
2. Chromecast from iPhone
3. Chromecast from PC.
How Cast Dropbox to Chromecast TV from Android Smartphone
1. Initially, unlock your Android Smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Google Play Store.
3. Type Dropbox in search using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Pick the app from the search results and click the Download button.
5. Once the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the app.
6. Next, log in with your Dropbox account details.
7. Connect your mobile and Chromecast-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
8. Navigate to the control panel on your Android phone.
9. Then, search and click the Cast icon.
10. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available apps.
11. Now, you can see your Android phone with a Dropbox screen on your Chromecast-connected TV screen.
12. If you want to stop casting, click the Cast icon and select the Stop Casting option.
You can also check how to Chromecast Google Photos.
How to Get Dropbox on Chromecast TV from iPhone
You can’t directly cast your iPhone to TV, so you can use the Google Home app to cast your iPhone to TV. Before you begin the process, ensure your iPhone and Google Chromecast 3rd Generation device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Unlock your mobile and navigate to the App Store.
2. Type Dropbox in the Search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Select the app and click the Get button to install the app.
4. After installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
5. Search for the Google Home app in the App Store.
6. Pick the app and click the Get button to install the app.
7. Once the app is installed, tap the Open button to launch the app.
8. Next, click the +new icon at the top of the screen.
9. Choose Set up the device from the menu that appears on the screen.
10. You can find your Chromecast device under the Nearby devices list.
11. Select your device and tap the Next button.
12. Now, your iPhone screen will be displayed on the TV screen.
13. Open the Dropbox app and log in with your account.
14. Finally, you can stream the media content of Dropbox on a big screen.
How to Stream Dropbox from PC to TV
1. Turn on your PC and connect your PC and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Google Chrome Browser on your PC.
3. Visit the Dropbox official site. (https://www.dropbox.com/)
4. Login with your Dropbox account details.
5. Next, right-click on the screen and choose Cast from the menu.
6. Tap the Sources drop-down menu on the Cast tab.
7. Select Cast Tab from the sub-menu.
8. Now, your PC with a Dropbox screen will be displayed on the TV screen.
You can try any of the methods that suit you to Chromecast Dropbox to your TV. And you can also use Google Drive and Amazon Photos to store your media files as an alternative to Dropbox. In case of any glitch, while accessing Dropbox on Chromecast TV like connecting with a proper Wi-Fi network, rebooting your Chromecast, and updating the Chromecast Firmware.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, no, Dropbox doesn’t support Chromecast.
You can access Dropbox for free, but you need to get any of its subscriptions to access all the features.
You can cast Dropbox to any smart TV using Android, iOS device, or PC.
Dropbox backups your files and early versions of files for a full 30 days or 180 days with standard, advanced, and Enterprise plans.
Dropbox syncs whenever you add you add or update new files in Dropbox.