Chromecast is a smart device that helps you to convert your normal TV into a smart TV. You can cast your screen from one device to another device easily using a Chromecast device. If you’re using a Windows 11 PC, you need to connect the PC and TV using a cable to mirror your PC screen. But, Chromecast makes the work a lot easier. With a Chromecast device, you can directly cast anything from your Windows 11 PC to the TV wirelessly. To cast the media files from your Windows 11 computer, you need to use either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. Before using the browser, make sure to update it to the latest version.
- Connect any Chromecast device to your TV and follow the on-screen prompts to set it up.
- Install the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Connect the Windows 11 computer and the Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Chromecast Windows 11 using Google Chrome Browser
(1) Launch the Chrome browser on your Windows 11 computer.
(2) Click the three-doted icon at the top right corner of Chrome.
(3) Select the Cast option from the drop-down menu.
(4) Click on the Sources dropdown and select Cast desktop.
(5) Now, select the Chromecast device name to cast the Windows 11 desktop to your Chromecast-connected TV.
(6) Once connected, your Windows 11 computer screen will appear on your TV.
(7) Minimize the Chrome browser and play any media file on your PC to stream it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
(8) To stop casting, click the Cast option and select the Chromecast device.
How to Chromecast Windows 11 using Microsoft Edge Browser
(1) Launch the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 11 computer.
(2) Click on the three-doted icon displayed at the top right corner of the edge browser.
(3) Select More tools from the list of options.
(4) Then, tap the option Cast media to device.
(5) Select your Chromecast from the list of available devices.
(6) Hit the Sources dropdown and select Cast desktop.
(7) That’s it. Now, your entire PC screen will be displayed on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cast Windows 11 desktop to a Chromecast using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Yes. Windows 11 comes with in-built Miracast support. To use this feature, you need to connect the Windows 11 and the other display to the same Wi-Fi network.