Android TV is an Android-based operating system developed by Google. The Android TV comes with an in-built Play Store to download apps. In addition, you can also cast any app or content to Android TV from your smartphone or PC. If your TV has built-in cast support, you can easily cast the content to your Android TV without the need for external casting apps or devices. If the TV you are using doesn’t have support, you need to connect any Chromecast device to your Android TV to cast content.
- Enable the Cast feature on your Android TV. If your Android TV doesn’t have cast support, connect and set up a Chromecast device with your TV.
- Install the Google Chrome browser on your PC. If already installed, update the Chrome browser to the latest version.
- Connect the Android TV and the casting device (smartphone and PC) to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Cast Content to Android TV using Chromecast-Supported Apps
Most mobile apps like YouTube have in-built Chromecast support. So, you can quickly cast any media content from these apps to your Android TV.
(1). Launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
(2). Sign in to your account using the necessary Google credentials.
(3). Locate and tap the Cast icon on the app’s interface. You can find the cast icon at the top.
(4). Choose your Chromecast or Android TV device name from the pop-up menu.
(5). Now, the YouTube app screen will be mirrored on Android TV.
(6). Play any video content on the YouTube app and stream it on your smartphone as well as Android TV.
(7). To stop casting, click on the Cast icon again and select Disconnect.
How to Screen Mirror Smartphone to Android TV using Chromecast
If the app you are using doesn’t have cast support, you need to mirror the mobile screen to Android TV to watch the content of that app. To mirror your smartphone screen, follow the steps given below.
(1) Go to the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone.
(2) Look for the Cast icon and select it.
(3) Tap your Chromecast or Android TV device name from the list of devices.
(4) Now, you will see the Android mobile screen on your Android TV.
(5) Launch the app you want to cast and play your favorite video content to watch it on Android TV.
iPhone or iPad
(1) Download and install the Replica app from the App Store.
(2) Once installed, open the app and grant access to the required permissions.
(3) On the app’s interface, select your Android TV or Chromecast device name.
(4) Then, click the Start button exhibited at the center.
(5) Finally, tap Start Broadcast to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to Android TV.
(6) Once mirrored, open the app you wish to cast and select any video to watch.
(5) As the iOS screen is mirrored, you can see the video on your Android TV.
How to Chromecast PC to Android TV
(1) Launch the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
(2) Click the three-dotted icon at the top right corner of Chrome.
(3) Scroll down and select the Cast option.
(4) Select your Chromecast or Android TV device name.
(5) Tap the option Sources and click Cast desktop from the drop-down.
(6) Finally, click on the Share button to mirror the PC screen to your Android TV.
(7) If you want to mirror an app on your PC, minimize the Chrome browser and open the app to view it on your Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cast any media files or apps to Android TV from your smartphone or PC. For that, your Android TV should have an in-built cast feature. If not, connect Chromecast 3rd Gen or any Chromecast device to your Android TV.
Yes. You can mirror iPhone to Android TV using the Replica app.
You can Chromecast Windows PC to Android TV using the Google Chrome browser.