The Roku Channel is a streaming platform for watching live TV channels and on-demand content. It has over 8000+ free movies and series for on-demand streaming. Some premium channels on Roku Channel include STARZ, EPIX, Showtime, AMC+, BET+, Cinemax, Acorn TV, BritBox, and more. Moreover, the Roku Channel app is compatible with Roku, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, etc. With Chromecast support, it is easy to Chromecast the Roku Channel app to your TV.
Features on the Roku Channel app
- Contents are constantly updated. Thus you can get all new movies and series with Roku Channel.
- With the Continue watching tab, get quick access to your favorite shows.
- It has over 100+ live TV channels in different genres like sports, news, entertainment, reality, pop culture, etc.
- It provides a separate category for kids to watch movies, TV shows, and series.
- Use parental control features to restrict kids from matured content.
- Roku Channels also cover Spanish-speaking audiences with 6 live Spanish channels and Spanish content.
- Get personalized recommendations of titles according to your taste.
- It also streams Original shows like Survive, The Fugitive, Murder Unboxed, The Stranger, Wireless, and Last Looks.
Chromecast Roku Channel toTV
The Roku Channel app does not have the cast support to connect to the Chromecast device. It is now narrowed down to the screen mirroring from smartphones and casting from a PC/Laptop.
- Google Chromecast
- TV with an HDMI port
- WiFi / Internet connection
- Smartphone or PC
- Connect your Chromecast device to a TV.
- Set up your Chromecast device.
- Connect your Chromecast device and Smartphone or PC with the same internet connection.
How to Cast Roku Channel from Android Phone to Chromecast TV
Since the Roku Channel app does not have cast support, you can mirror the Roku Channel app to the TV via the Screen Cast option.
(1). Connect the Android Phone and the Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi connection.
(2). Open the Google Play Store on the Android Phone and install the Roku Channel app.
(3). Launch the Roku Channel app and log in to your account.
(4). Swipe down on the screen from the top to get the Notification tab.
(5). Choose the Screen Cast option (the name for the cast option vary from each manufacturer).
(6). Select the Chromecast device from the available devices and connect to the Chromecast.
(7). Click the TV channel to stream on the Chromecast device-connected TV.
How to Screen Mirror Roku Channel to Chromecast TV from iPhone
You cannot screen mirror the iPhone to the Chromecast device as Android Phone. A separate screen mirroring app has to be installed on the iPhone to mirror the screen.
(1). Ensure that the Chromecast and the iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2). Launch the App Store and download the Replica app on the iPhone.
(3). Open the Replica app and click Continue in the prompt.
(4). Choose the Chromecast device to connect and open the App Store again.
(5). Install the Roku Channel app and open the app on the smartphone.
(6). Log in to your Roku account and select the content to watch on the TV.
How to Chromecast Roku Channel from a PC/ Laptop
You can cast the Roku Channel website to the TV from your PC/ Laptop using the Google Chrome browser.
(1). Launch the PC/ Laptop and select the Google Chrome browser to open.
(2). Go to The Roku Channel website on the Chrome browser.
(3) Click on the Account option and Sign In.
(4) Sign into your Roku account using your account credentials.
(5). Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon (three vertical dots) at the right corner of the Google Chrome browser.
(6). Scroll down and choose the Cast option in the menu.
(7). Select the Chromecast device to connect and click the Sources drop-down.
(8). Choose the Cast tab to stream The Roku Channel alone on the TV.
The Roku Channel app is the best to watch multiple premium TV channels in a single app.
Yes, you can easily install Roku Channel on Google TV.
Yes. You will be interrupted by ads while streaming.
Yes, Roku Channel is completely free to use.