Clappr is an Open-source Media Player which allows developers to create a user-friendly media player on their webpage. You just have to import the Clappr and plug it into the page to create and stream it right away on the webpage. If you are trying to send a video file across your webpage, then Clappr will make it look simpler. By just opening the webpage, the video will get streamed on the device with the help of Clappr Media Player. You can Chromecast Clappr Media Player using the webpage and watch the contents on the TV.
Feature of Clappr
- It is a free streaming media player.
- Clappr supports various video formats HLS, MP4, MP3, WEBM, DASH, RTMP and JPG orPNG or GIF.
- The AutoPlay feature will play your video automatically after the page is loaded.
- Hide media control allows disabling media control.
- In case you are loading an on-demand video (mp4), it is possible to define the way the video will be pre-loaded according to preload attribute options as well.
Read: Chromecast Photos to TV
- Clappr is an HTML 5 first and uses most modern technologies to support Smartphones, Tablets, Desktops and TV.
- It is provided with 360-degree plugins. These Plugins will display your playback status on your screen.
- CorePlugin – You can access or modify all the components of the player (ex: getting user statistics)
- UICorePlugin – It is same as CorePlugin, but renders user interface elements like Chromecast and Thumbnails
- ContainerPlugin – You can access or modify your playback and control it.
- UIContainerPlugin – It is same as ContainerPlugin, but with user interface elements like banners, watermark.
- MediaControl – You can able to access your media files with your own controls.
How to Chromecast Clappr?
You can either use your Smartphone or a desktop to Chromecast Clappr Media Player.
#1: Open Clappr Imported webpage on your Chrome browser. This is a demo page with Clappr Media Player plugged in.
#2: Right-click on the page and click on the “Cast” button.
#3: The browser will search for the available list of devices and displays them.
#4: Click on the “Sources” drop-down button and choose the “Cast tab” option.
#5: Now click on the device name to cast the particular tab.
The video will now play on your TV. This is one way to Chromecast Clappr Videos to your TV.
Read: Cast VRV to Chromecast
As Clappr is completely an open-source media player, you can easily customize the UI as per your requirements. You can also add a casting icon on the player to easily cast videos to TV. Alternatively, you can use a smartphone to cast Clappr media player to the TV as well.
Thank you for reading this post.