Steam is a video gaming platform developed by Valve. It includes plenty of games from different genres. To get a game on Steam, you need to buy it. Steam also offers some games for free. Due to its popularity among gamers, the official Steam app was launched for all major devices. The Steam app is available on both Play Store and App Store. By installing this application, you can play your favorite games on your handheld device. You can chat with your friends while playing games on the Steam app. You can also create or join a group in the Steam app.
If you wish to stream the game on a big screen, you can install the app on your Smart TV, or you can use the Chromecast device to cast the Steam app. Unfortunately, the Steam app doesn’t have in-built Chromecast support. But, you can experience the game on Chromecast-connected TV by mirroring your device. If you are using Chromecast with Google TV, you can directly install Steam on the Google TV from the Play Store.
- Connect the Chromecast Ultra or later devices with your TV. If you are using the device for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Chromecast.
- Connect the casting device to a strong Wi-Fi network. Then, connect the Chromecast device to the Wi-Fi same as your casting device.
How to Chromecast Steam Games from Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Chromecast device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Steam app from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch the Steam app after installation and sign in to your account.
4. Next, go to the Notification Panel and select the Cast icon.
5. Next, select your Chromecast device to mirror your Android screen.
6. Now, play a game on the Steam app, and you will see the game on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Steam Games from iPhone / iPad
1. Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the Steam app on your iOS device.
2. Then, search for the Replica app and install it.
3. Next, launch the Replica app after installation.
4. Select your Chromecast device and tap the Start button.
5. Now, tap the option Start Broadcasting on the pop-up menu.
6. Once the screen is mirrored to your TV, launch the Steam app on your iOS device and log in to your account.
7. Choose any game to play and enjoy watching it on your TV.
How to Chromecast Steam Games from PC [Windows & Mac]
Before moving into the steps, download and install the Steam application on your PC.
Using Chrome Browser
1. Open the Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots icon at the top.
2. Choose Cast from the list of options and select your Chromecast device.
3. Click on the Source tab and choose Cast Desktop from the drop-down.
4. Now, the entire desktop screen will appear on the Chromecast-connected TV.
5. Now, launch the Steam app on your PC and select any game to play.
Using Remote Play (Steam)
You can directly cast the Steam from your PC without mirroring the full desktop. For that, you need to enable the option Remote Play on the Steam app.
1. Launch the Steam application on your computer.
2. Navigate to Settings and tap the option Remote Play.
3. Tick the box placed near the option Enable Remote Play.
4. Select the name of your Chromecast device displayed under the Device Name.
5. Then, tap the button Pair Steam Link.
6. Now, the app screen will be displayed on your TV.
7. Play your favorite game and enjoy streaming it on a big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
By mirroring your device to the Chromecast-connected TV, you can cast Steam on your TV.
There are two ways to cast Steam from PC. You can use the Chrome browser or the Remote Play feature on the Steam app to cast Steam games from your PC.
Yes. you can play games on your phone with the Steam app.