Jellyfin is a free-to-use media server for organizing, managing, and sharing digital media files. It lets you watch live TV and recorded TV shows using its dedicated server. Moreover, the Jellyfin app is compatible with Chromecast and DLNA sharing. For Android and iOS devices, you can get the Jellyfin app from the Google Play Store and App Store. Then, you can cast your favorite media files onto the TV using a Google Chromecast.
How to Set up a Chromecast Device
1. Connect your Chromecast device to the TV’s HDMI port.
2. Turn on your smart TV and change the input to this HDMI.
3. Make sure that Chromecast-connected TV and smartphone are connected to the same WIFI network.
3. Install the Google Home app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
4. After the installation, launch the Google Home app and follow the on-screen instructions.
Pro Tip: If you don’t get any guided instructions, tap Add → Set up device → New device.
5. Choose your Chromecast device to pair.
How to Chromecast Jellyfin
You can use any of these devices to cast Jellyfin to TV.
- Using an Android or iOS device
- Using Google Chrome from a PC
- Connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV/Monitor.
- Casting works only if your smartphone and TV are on the same WIFI network.
Chromecast Jellyfin using Android or iOS
 Open the Play Store (or) App store on your smartphone.
 Find the Jellyfin app and install it on your device.
 Open the Jellyfin app on your device.
 Click on Add server.
 Input the Host address in the Host field and click on Connect.
 Then sign in with the Jellyfin username and password.
 Once you logged in manually, you will arrive at the home screen.
 Tap on the Cast icon at the top of the screen.
 Select your Chromecast-connected device from the list.
 Now you can cast the content to the Chromecast-connected device.
Chromecast Jellyfin from a PC
 Visit the Jellyfin official website to install Jellyfin on your Windows or Mac.
 After that, launch Jellyfin on your PC.
 Next, enter your username and password, and click Sign In.
 Select a media file to play and tap the Cast icon from the top right.
 Select your Chromecast device from the available connections.
 The media file will now start playing on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Note: Likewise, you can Chromecast Emby from an Android or iOS smartphone.
How to Setup a Jellyfin server on a PC
 Open Jellyfin on your Windows or Mac.
 Select your preferred display language from the list and click on Next.
 Enter your username and password (optional) and click Next.
 Click on Add Media Library (+ icon) and upload the media files. Click Next to continue.
 Now select your preferred Metadata language and click on Next.
 Select the Allow remote connections to this Jellyfin Server check box.
 If necessary, mark the Enable automatic port mapping check box and click on Next.
 You have successfully set up the Jellyfin server. Click Finish to view the dashboard.
Note: If you want, you can Chromecast Fibe TV to enjoy live channels and on-demand titles.
Fixes for Jellyfin Chromecast Not Working
If you cannot able to cast Jellyfin to Chromecast-connected TV, you can fix it easily with simple troubleshooting methods.
1. First, you need to restart your Chromecast device. Then check if you can cast.
2. Ensure that the Jellyfin app is updated to the latest version.
3. Following that, update your Chromecast to the latest firmware.
3. Check whether your TV and smartphone are connected to the identical WIFI network.
4. If you are casting from Google Chrome, make sure to update it.
5. Because of signal issues, you may face errors. Therefore, you have to buy and use a Chromecast extender to fix such problems.
6. Still if you get any issues, it is better to reset Chromecast to factory settings.
Yes, the Jellyfin app is natively supported by Google TV.
The Jellyfin app is available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and LG Smart TV.