Sky Go is an app to watch live sports, news, movies, TV shows, and more. It is available as a complimentary service for Sky TV subscribers. Additionally, it offers free-to-air channels like ITV, Channel 4, Sky Atlantic, etc. Sky Go is only available for Mac, Windows, Xbox, PlayStation, iPhone, and iPad. But Sky Go is not supported for Smart TV. However, the Sky Go app has built-in Chromecast support. Therefore, you can use screen mirroring to cast any content.
How to Chromecast Sky Go
There are three methods to cast Sky Go’s content on TV.
- Using Android
- From iPhone or iPad
- Using PC
FYI: For streaming award-winning series and greatest films on a big screen, you shall Chromecast HBO Max to the TV.
Cast Sky Go to TV Using Android Smartphone
Connect your Chromecast device and PC to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, you can follow the steps below. Before you begin, ensure that you have updated the Sky Go app to the latest version.
1. Install the Sky Go app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the Sky Go app and sign in to your account.
3. Choose a video that you to want to watch on the TV.
4. You will find the cast icon in the top right corner. Click on the “Cast” icon.
5. The Chromecast device name will appear. Tap on it to connect your phone to the Chromecast device.
6. After successful connectivity, the video will now play on your TV.
If you can’t find the Cast icon on the Sky Go app, follow the steps below.
1. Plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Connect Chromecast-connected TV and Android device to the same WIFI network.
3. Go to the Google Play Store and install the Sky Go app.
4. Swipe your screen up or down to view the Notification Panel.
5. Select Cast and choose your Chromecast device.
6. Next, launch the Sky Go app and use your credentials to log in.
7. Next, choose any entertainment content to watch on your TV.
Important Note: Sky Go is only available in certain regions. So, connect to the UK or the Newzealand VPN server to access the Sky Go app from anywhere in the world.
Cast Sky Go to TV from iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to cast Sky Go to your TV:
1. Establish a Wi-Fi connection between your Chromecast-TV and iPhone or iPad.
2. Next, go to the App Store and install the Replica and the Sky Go apps.
3. Now, launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device. Next, tap on the Start button.
4. Then. Open the Sky Go app and sign in with your subscription account.
5. Choose any movies or TV shows you want to watch, and they will display on your TV.
How to Chromecast Sky Go from Windows
Follow the below step-by-step procedure to Chromecast Sky Go from your PC.
1. Download the .exe file of your Chrome browser from its official website.
2. Next, install Google Chrome on your PC.
3. Now, open Google Chrome and visit the URL https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows.
4. Download and install the Sky Go app on your PC.
5. Launch the Sky Go app and sign in to your account.
5. Keep the Sky Go app running in the background.
6. Connect your PC and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
7. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
8. Click on the Three Vertical Dots icon located at the upper right corner.
9. Next, click on the Cast option.
10. Now, select the Sources tab and click on cast desktop. Then, choose your Chromecast device.
11. Open Sky Go and keep the app running in the background.
12. Choose any sports or entertainment content to watch.
13. Finally, you can watch Sky Go on your TV.
Note: To watch Anime and Japanese manga shows, you can Chromecast Crunchyroll to the TV.
Alternate Way to Cast Sky Go from Windows PC
1. Make sure that the Chromecast-connected TV has a strong WIFI network.
2. Connect your Chromecast device to the same WIFI network as Windows.
3. Press the keyboard shortcut (Windows + K) or open the Action Center and tap Connect from the list of buttons.
4. Select your Chromecast device to pair your Windows PC.
5. From the sources drop-down options, tap Cast tab.
6. Then go to the Sky Go website and start watching Sky Channels via mirroring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can screen mirror Sky Go to your TV from an Android, iOS, and PC.
With the latest update, the Sky Go app supports Chromecast.
You need to subscribe to the Sky TV satellite service in order to access Sky Go for free.