Astro Go is a Malaysian-based streaming service and application developed by Astro. It gives access to its content over smart devices like smartphones, Fire TV, etc. It is a premium service that consists of different types of subscription plans. The number of channels varies depending on the subscription. It also includes PPV content and offers some content for free. With Astro Go, you can stream movies, TV shows, series, kids’ content, sports, and news. Like Sling TV, this service also offers cloud recording. In Astro Go, you can stream videos up to 4K quality. In this article, let’s see how to Chromecast Astro GO. If you are using Chromecast with Google TV, you can directly install and stream Astro Go on Google TV
Products and Packages of Astro GO
Apart from Astro GO, Astro has several packages that come with Astro GO
- Primary Pack – RM 99.99 per month ( 100+ channels and 3 apps including Astro Go)
- Entertainment Pack – RM 59.99 per month. ( 100+ channels with access to Astro Go and Anywhere + app)
- Sports Pack – RM 59.99 per month. ( 95+ channels and access to the Astro Go app)
- Movies pack- RM 59.99 per month. (90+ channels with access to Disney + Hotstar, HBO Go, and Astro Go)
- Entertainment Plus pack – RM 99.99 per month. (100+ channels with access to Netflix, Astro Go, and Anywhere +)
- Platinum Pack – RM 99.99 per month. (135+ channels with access to Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO Go, Astro Go, and Anywhere+)
Before casting Astro GO on your TV/monitor, make sure to check the things listed below.
- Connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI port of the TV or monitor screen.
- Enable Chromecast in the device with built-in Chromecast support.
- Make sure both the Chromecast device and the casting device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Chromecast Astro GO using Android Smartphone
1. Download and install Astro GO from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, launch the Astro Go app and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Go to the Notification Panel on your Android phone.
4. Select Cast and choose your Chromecast device.
5. Choose any video content on the Astro Go app and play it.
6. That’s it. You will be able to see the Astro Go content on your Android Smartphone as well as Chromecast-connected TV.
Chromecast Astro GO using iPhone or iPad
1. From the App Store, download and install the Astro GO app.
2. Also, download and install the Replica app from the App Store.
3. Open the Replica app and select your Chromecast device from the list.
4. Select the Start button. Now, the iOS screen will appear on your TV.
5. Now, Open the Astro GO app and sign in to your account. Then, play your desired video on the Astro Go app.
6. As screens are mirrored, you can see the video playing on your iOS device and Chromecast TV.
How to Cast Astro GO to Chromecast TV using a PC
Download and install the BlueStacks app on your PC from the official website and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the BlueStacks application on your PC.
2. Next, click on the Google Play Store icon from the home page.
3. Sign in with your Google account.
4. Now, on the Search Box, type Astro Go and search for the app.
5. Pick the Astro Go app from the search result.
6. Tap on the Install button to install the Astro Go app.
7. Launch the Astro Go app and sign in to your account.
8. Keep the Astro Go app running in the background and go to the Chrome browser.
9. Click on the three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corner.
10. Choose the Cast option and select your Chromecast device.
11. Then, click Sources and select the Cast Desktop option from the drop-down menu. Now, the entire PC screen will be mirrored to Chromecast TV
11. Now, open the Astro Go app running in the background.
12. Finally, you have mirrored the Astro Go app to your Chromecast TV from your PC.
Astro Go is one of the best streaming applications that has a vast collection of movies and TV shows. With this application, you can even stream sports content in high-resolution quality. If you are unable to access the Astro Go app due to geo-restrictions, use a VPN with Chromecast and unblock the geo-restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. By using Chromecast, you can easily cast the Astro Go content to your TV.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the not working issue.
* Uninstall or reinstall the Astro Go app on the casting device or Change Wi-Fi Network on Chromecast.
* Update the Astro Go app.
Yes. Access to the Astro Go app is complimentary with a subscription to the Astro Channel.