I bought my first Apple device in the form of an iPhone XR. Then, I got the Apple ecosystem with other devices. The only that is missing from the Apple lineup is the Smart TV. So, whenever I wanted to cast a media file from my iPhone or Mac to my Android TV, I had to use third-party apps. When it comes to the Safari browser, the steps required to Chromecast the browser is even more tedious.
If you are an Apple user with an Android Smart TV or Chromecast device, this guide is for you. Here, I have explained how to cast the Safari browser to Chromecast or Chromecast-compatible TVs.
Ways to Chromecast Safari Browser to TV
Since there is no Cast icon on the Safari browser app, you need to mirror your screen to Chromecast. There are two possible ways to do it.
- Using an iPhone or iPad
- Using Mac
- Connect your Chromecast to home WiFi. Then, connect your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the same WiFi.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Safari browser app on your iOS device.
- Update the Chromecast to the latest version for error-free casting.
How to Chromecast Safari Browser to a TV using iPhone
iPhones and iPads can’t be easily mirrored to your TV. You need to use third-party mirroring apps to cast your iPhone to Chromecast. We have used the Replica app. You can use any of the screen mirroring apps available in the App Store.
1) Install the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2) When you open the app, it will search for nearby cast devices. Tap on your Chromecast device when detected.
3) Now, open the Safari browser app on your iPhone. It will appear on your TV.
4) Surf any web pages and see them on your Chromecast.
5) When you finish the mirroring, close the Replica app from the background to stop the mirroring.
Steps to Chromecast Safari Browser to a TV using a Mac
For this method, you need to have the updated version of the Chrome browser on your Mac
1) Open the latest version of Chrome browser on your Mac.
2) Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon on the top right of the screen.
3) Select the Cast option on the list. You can also right-click on the webpage and choose the Cast option.
4) Your Chromecast device will appear on the top of the screen. Now, click the Sources button and choose the Cast Desktop option.
5) After that, click on the Chromecast device to cast.
6) Once the casting is done, open the Safari browser on your Mac. It will be displayed on the TV.
7) If you wish to stop the casting, click the Cast icon on the Extension bar and tap on your Chromecast device.
No, you can’t. The browser is available only for iOS devices.
There is no such extension or addon on Chrome Web Store to cast the browser. The only option is to screen mirror the device’s screen.