Kodi is an open-source free media player that manages your local files and streams online media as well. Kodi is available on most of the platforms. You can download Kodi from Google Play Store for Android, Windows Store for Windows and from App store for iOS. Kodi is also available for Smart TVs as well. If you have a Chromecast, then you can cast Kodi to TV as well. Let us discuss how to Chromecast Kodi in this post.
How to Chromecast Kodi?
There are two ways of casting Kodi. Let us discuss both the methods separately.
- Cast Kodi using Phone
- Cast Kodi using Desktop
Related: How to Chromecast iPhone?
How to Cast Kodi using Phone?
If you are using an Android or iOS device, then you can easily cast Kodi to Chromecast. As of now, Kodi is not compatible with Chromecast and hence, you have to cast the entire screen to Chromecast.
1. Connect your Chromecast and mobile to the same WiFi network.
2. Open “Settings” menu on your Android phone.
3. Under the settings menu, click on the “Connected Devices” tab.
4. Now click on “Connection preference” option under the Connected devices menu.
5. There you will find different options. Click on the “Cast” option.
6: You will find the list of available devices. Tap on the Chromecast device to cast your Screen.
7: Click on “Start Anyway” to complete the process.
Your Screen will appear on the TV. Open Kodi app and start playing the video which you want to see on the TV.
Note: For a better experience, place your phone in the landscape mode or play the video in full-screen mode.
Thus, you are now able to watch Kodi content on your TV using Google Chromecast.
Related: How to Chromecast Netflix?
How to Chromecast Kodi using Desktop?
Follow the steps below to cast Kodi from a desktop:
1. Connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi Network.
2. Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dotted menu icon.
3. Click “Cast“.
4. Chrome will search for the available devices and display the result.
5. Click on “Sources“.
6. Now choose “Cast Desktop” option and click on the Chromecast device.
7. You can find your entire desktop getting screened on your TV.
8. Open Kodi app on your desktop and start playing any video content.
Chromecast will cast the entire screen to the TV. Play the video in full-screen mode for better experience on TV.
Thus, these are the steps required to Chromecast Kodi using Desktop.
Related: How to cast GSE IPTV using Chromecast?
As of now, Kodi is not in the lost of compatible Chromecast apps. So we have to screen the entire phone to watch movies or videos using Kodi on TV. If the Kodi is made compatible, then you can cast the videos which have a much better advantage than screening the application.
Thank you Folks!