Webex is an American company developed by Cisco. It is an online meeting software used by many business professionals. It is a subscription-based platform and also has a free plan with a limitation of 50 members per meeting. The application allows you to customize the layout of the video and enables you to share screens, polls, annotations, etc. In addition, you can instantly translate the meeting into 100+ languages. Webex is the biggest competitor to video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, and more. This application also includes an option to record the meetings. Webex is not a Chromecast-compatible app. But, you can screen mirror your smartphone or PC and can experience the Webex meetings on your TV. Before proceeding with the steps, you need to connect a Chromecast 3rd Generation or any type of Chromecast device to your TV. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to set up the device.
How to Chromecast Cisco Webex Meetings using Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, open the Google Play Store and install the Webex Meetings app.
3. Now, go to the Notification Panel on your Android Smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
4. Select your Chromecast device.
5. Now, launch the Cisco Webex Meetings app and log in to your account.
6. Join or host a meeting and watch it on your TV.
How to Cast Cisco Webex Meetings to the TV from iOS Smartphone
With the help of the Replica app on your iOS device, you can cast the Cisco Webex Meetings app to your TV.
1. Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the Webex Meeting app. Then, connect your iPhone or iPad and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
3. Next, tap on the Start button and click Start Broadcasting.
4. Now, launch the Cisco Webex Meetings app.
5. Sign in to your account and join a meeting. Now, you can watch the Cisco Webex meetings on your TV.
How to Chromecast Cisco Webex Meetings to the TV using PC
Before moving further, ensure that the Chromecast device and the PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
1. Open the Chrome web browser on your PC (Laptop/Desktop) and go to the Cisco Webex Meetings official website.
2. Click the three-dotted icon and choose the Cast option.
3. Click on the Sources button and select the Cast tab option.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, the Cisco Webex Meetings website tab will be cast to your TV.
6. To stop casting, click the Cast icon and tap on your Chromecast device.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the help of a Chromecast device, you can cast the Webex Meeting to your Smart TV.
No. You need to screen mirror your device to view the Cisco Webex app on your Chromecast-connected TV.