Mozilla Firefox is a web browser that ranks in the list of top 10 browsers around the world. This browser is lightweight and fast compared to its competitors. It is free to download and available for all major devices such as Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and more. This browser is packed with advanced security features and protects the users’ data from trackers and hackers. You can get Firefox on your TV with the help of a Chromecast 3rd Gen or later devices. But, Firefox is not a Chromecast-compatible app. The only way to access the Firefox browser on Chromecast-connected TV is by using the Screen Mirroring method. If you are a Chromecast with a Google TV user, you can easily sideload Firefox on Google TV using the Downloader app.
- Install Firefox browser on Android Phone, iOS, Windows, or Mac.
- Connect and set up a Chromecast device with your TV. If you have a Chromecast built-in TV, enable the Cast feature.
- Connect your Chromecast and the casting device (PC or smartphone) to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Chromecast Firefox using Android Smartphone
1. Open the Firefox browser on your Android device.
2. Type about:config on the address bar.
3. You will be directed to a new page. Here, check whether the option browser.casting.enabled is set to true.
4. Navigate to the website you planned to cast.
5. Go to the Notification panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Tap the Chromecast device name from the list.
7. Once connected, you will be able to see the Firefox browser screen on Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox using iPhone/iPad
Before moving into the steps, make sure to install the Replica app on your iOS device.
1. Install the Firefox app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Then, launch the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Select your Chromecast device displayed on the screen.
4. On the next screen, tap the option Start.
5. Finally, click the option Start Broadcast.
6. Within seconds, you will be able to see the iPhone or iPad screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Open the Firefox browser on your iOS device and search for any query.
8. As the screens are mirrored, you can see the Firefox screen on your TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox using a Computer [Windows & Mac]
Before following the steps below, install the latest version of the Firefox browser on your desktop.
1. Install and launch the Google Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac.
2. Tap the three-dotted icon displayed at the top and Click Cast.
3. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
4. Tap Sources and click Cast Desktop from the drop-down.
5. Now, the entire desktop will be screen mirrored to your Chromecast-connected TV.
6. Minimise the Chrome browser and open the Firefox browser.
7. Play any video or visit a web page.
8. You will be able to see the Firefox browser on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can Chromecast Firefox to TV from Smartphone or PC.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the not working problem.
Ensure that the Chromecast device is connected to the Wi-Fi network same as your casting device. If not, change the Wi-Fi Network on Chromecast and try again.
Update the Chromecast firmware version.
Restart Chromecast and try casting again.
Yes. You can cast Firefox from Windows PC using the Google Chrome browser.