The Chromecast feature on the Firefox browser is a tough ask. So far, only the Chrome and Edge browser offers built-in Chromecast support. Being a Firefox user, this intrigues me a lot. After a brief research, I have found alternate ways to Chromecast the Firefox browser to your TV.
If you are a Firefox user, use this guide to cast the browser to your TV. Here, I’ve mentioned all the possible ways to Chromecast the Firefox browser.
- Connect and set up a Chromecast device with your TV.
- If you have a Chromecast built-in TV, enable the Cast feature.
- Connect your Chromecast and the casting device (PC or smartphone) to the same WiFi network.
How to Chromecast Firefox from Android Devices
1. Connect your Android smartphone or tablet to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
2. Install the Firefox browser on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
3. After that, open the Firefox browser and go to the website that you want to cast.
4. Then, go to the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
5. Select your Chromecast device name from the list of connections.
6. Once connected, it will project the Firefox browser screen to a Chromecast-connected TV.
7. If you want to stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again on the Notification Panel and click the Disconnect button.
How to Chromecast Firefox from iPhone or iPad
1. Install the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store. Then, connect your iOS device to the same WIFI network as your Chromecast.
2. If you don’t have the Firefox app on your iOS device, go to the App Store and install it.
3. Then, launch the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Select your Chromecast device displayed on the screen.
5. On the next screen, tap the option Start.
6. Finally, click the option Start Broadcast.
7. Within a few seconds, you will be able to see the iPhone or iPad screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. Now, minimize the Replica app and open the Firefox browser.
9. As the screens are mirrored, you can see the Firefox screen on your TV.
10. If you want to stop the mirroring, close the Replica app from the background.
How to Chromecast Firefox from PC/Laptop [Windows & Mac]
For PCs, you can use the Chrome browser to mirror the Firefox to Chromecast-connected TV.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC. If you don’t have the app, install it from the Google website.
2. Xlick the Three Dotted Icon at the top.
3. Select the Cast option.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Tap Sources and choose Cast Desktop instead of Cast tab from the drop-down menu.
6. Now, the entire desktop will be mirrored to your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Minimise Google Chrome and open Mozilla Firefox on your Windows or Mac.
8. Play any video or visit a web page you want to browse.
9. Finally, you can see your Mozilla Firefox screen on your TV.
Chromecast using Android Emulators
Besides Google Chrome, you can also use an Android emulator to cast Firefox. For this to work, you can install any of these applications, like Bluestacks or NoxPlayer, on your Windows or Mac. After installing this app, you can install an Android device on the emulator and perform casting directly. So, you don’t need to install other browsers to cast Firefox.
How to Cast Firefox without Chromecast
AirDroid Cast Web is a third-party application to cast Firefox without a Chromecast device. Follow these steps to cast Firefox to TV.
1. Install the AirDroid Cast app on your Android smartphone.
2. Go to webcast.airdroid.com from any browser on your TV.
3. It will display a QR code on the TV screen to connect a device.
4. Launch the AirDroid Cast app on your Android device and scan the QR code.
5. If the connection is established, your mobile screen will start appearing on the TV.
6. Next, open the Firefox browser on your smartphone and browse the web.
Note: You can also Chromecast Firefox to TV using a Firefox extension.
The Firefox browser is not available on the Play Store for Google TVs. You have to sideload the Firefox browser on Google TV.
No, the fx_cast extension is no longer working. If you try to cast Firefox using fx_cast, you will get the Bridge Not Found error.