Mozilla Firefox is the lightest and fastest browser having high security and privacy protection. It is supported on various devices such as Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. Unfortunately, Firefox is not supported on TV. However, you can use a Chromecast device to cast Firefox to TV with the help of a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Those with Google TVs can easily sideload Firefox on Google TV using the Downloader app.
- Install Firefox on an Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac.
- Connect and set up a Chromecast device with your TV.
- If you have a Chromecast built-in TV, enable the Cast feature.
- Connect your Chromecast and the casting device (PC or smartphone) to the same WIFI network.
How to Chromecast Firefox from Android
1. Connect your Android smartphone to the same WIFI network as your Chromecast.
2. Install the Firefox browser on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
3. After that, open Firefox and type about:config on the address bar to view the settings.
4. You will be directed to a new page. Check whether the browser.casting.enabled option is set to true.
4. Next, go to the preferred website you wish to cast.
5. Then swipe up or down the notification panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Select your Chromecast device name from the list of connections.
7. Once connected, it will project the Firefox browser screen to Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox from iPhone or iPad
1. Install the Replica app on your iOS device. Then connect your iOS device to the same WIFI network as your Chromecast.
2. If you don’t have the Firefox app on your iOS device, go to the App Store and install it.
2. Further, launch the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Select your Chromecast device displayed on the screen.
4. On the next screen, tap the option Start.
5. Finally, click the option Start Broadcast.
6. Within a few seconds, you will be able to see the iPhone or iPad screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Open the Firefox browser on your iOS device and start surfing.
8. As the screens are mirrored, you can see the Firefox screen on your TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox from PC/Laptop [Windows & Mac]
Before following the steps below, install the latest version of the Firefox browser on your desktop.
1. Visit google.com/chrome to download Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac.
2. Tap the ChromeSeup.exe or ChromeSetup.dmg file to install it on your PC.
3. Open Google Chrome and click the three-dots icon at the top and select Cast.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Tap Sources and click Cast Desktop from the drop-down options.
6. Now, the entire desktop will be screen mirrored to your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Minimise Google Chrome and open Mozilla Firefox on your Windows or Mac.
8. Play any video or visit a web page you want to browse.
9. Finally, you can see your Mozilla Firefox screen on your TV.
Chromecast using Android Emulators
Besides Google Chrome, you can also use an Android emulator to cast Firefox. For this to work, you can install any of these applications like Bluestacks or NoxPlayer on your Windows or Mac. After installing this app, you can set up an Android device on the emulator and perform casting directly. So, you don’t need to install other browsers to cast Firefox.
How to Cast Firefox without a Chromecast Device
AirDroid Cast Web is a third-party application to cast Firefox without a Chromecast device. Follow these steps to cast Firefox to TV.
1. Install the AirDroid Cast app on your Android smartphone.
2. Go to webcast.airdroid.com from any browser on your TV.
3. It will display a QR code on the TV screen to connect a device.
4. Launch the AirDroid Cast app on your Android device and scan the QR code.
5. If the connection is established, your mobile screen will start appearing on the TV.
6. Next, open the Firefox browser on your smartphone and browse the web.
Note: You can also Chromecast Firefox to TV using a Firefox extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the below steps to fix if Firefox is not working with Chromecast.
Ensure that the Chromecast device is connected to the same WIFI network as your casting device. If not, change the Wi-Fi Network on Chromecast and try again.
Update the Chromecast firmware version.
Restart Chromecast and try casting again.
Yes, you can cast Firefox from Windows PC using the Google Chrome browser.