Google TV device is fascinating because you can insert the device on your TV’s HDMI port and convert your TV into a smart TV known as Google TV. This device comes with a Google TV remote that you can use to control your TV. But what will you do if the Google TV remote suddenly stops working? You don’t need to worry. It’s too easy. Google TV app is available on the play store. SO, you can install the Google TV app on your smartphones and control your Google TV. Also, the Google TV app is very easy to use and set up. The following guide will also help you install and Use the Google TV app as a remote.
How to Install Google TV Remote App
Google TV app is available for Android Smartphones. So, follow the below guide to install the Google TV app on your Android smartphone and pair it with your Google TV device.
1. Go to the Google Play Store to install the Google TV app on Android Smartphones.
2. Connect your Google TV device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Google TV app after installation.
4. You can find a Remote icon on the lower-left corner of the Google TV app. Click on it.
5. Allow permission to access your location.
6. Select your Google TV device. Now, a 6 digit code will appear on your Google TV device-connected TV on-screen.
7. Enter the 6 digit code on your Google TV app and tap on Pair.
8. Now, you have successfully paired your Google TV device to the Google TV app.
9. Now, tap on the Three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corner.
10. Tap on the D-pad Control option.
11. Now, control your Google TV device-connected TV with the Google TV app.
NOTE: You may be required to sign in with your Google account after launching the Google TV app.
Alternative Way- How to Control your Google TV with the Google Home App
You can also control your Google TV with the help of the Google Home app. The steps to do the same are as follows.
1. Install the Google Home app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your Android / iOS smartphone.
2. Launch the Google Home app once it is installed, and don’t forget to connect your Android / iOS smartphones and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts and sign in with your Google account.
4. From the home screen, Select Create another home button and tap on Next from the lower right corner.
5. Then, tap on the Plus icon from the upper left corner.
6. Now, select the Setup device option.
7. Tap on New devices and select your Google TV device from the list of available options and follow the on-screen prompts.
8. Now, select Open remote from the lower-left corner of the interface.
9. Enter the 6 digit code displayed on-screen of your Google TV device-connected TV and tap the Pair button.
10. Upon successful connection, you can use the Google Home app as your Google TV remote.
Related – How to Fix When Google Home Can’t Find Chromecast
So, that’s all, guys. This article will be entirely helpful for you if you are facing any issues with your Google TV remote. You can also conclude you even don’t want a Google TV remote to control your Google TV because you can control your Google TV with your Android or iOS smartphones with the help of the Google TV app or Google Home app.