RTÉ Player is a video-on-demand service where you can stream live and recorded RTÉ television programs, exclusive international content, and much more. It has several programs like Sports, news, entertainment, current affairs, local and international dramas, etc. Each content on RTÉ Player is made available between 7 to 21 days from the broadcast. It also offers content from international broadcasting channels ABC Australia, Epix, CBS, arte, Warner Brothers Television, and Lionsgate Television. RTÉ Player is a standalone app on Android, iOS, and selected smart TV models. Also, it supports Chromecast and Airplay to cast RTÉ Player on unsupported devices. So let’s see how to Chromecast RTÉ Player on your TV.
Before proceeding, make sure the below things are ready.
- Connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV
- If your device has in-built Chromecast support make sure to enable Chromecast in your device.
- Most importantly, make sure both the Chromecast device and the casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
Is RTE Player Available to Cast on Google Chromecast
Yes, the RTE Player app has Chromecast support. So, you can cast the content of the RTE Player to your TV with ease. Also, you can turn on the Kids mode. And that will ensure that your children can only access the Kid’s content on their TV. So, your children will be safe with the unwanted movies and TV shows that they should not watch. And t learn how you can Chromecast RTE Player to TV, and you can refer below with all the possible methods.
How to Chromecast RTÉ Player fon Android Smartphone
By following the steps below, you can learn how to cast your favorite shows from RTE Player to the TV from Android smartphones.
1. Install the RTE Player app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
2. Ensure that your Chromecast-connected TV and your Android Smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the RTE PLayer app after installation.
4. Tap on the Cast icon from the top right corner of the app.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Now, you can stream RTÉ Player from your smartphone on your TV.
How to Cast RTÉ Player to Chromecast TV using iPhone or iPad
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can install the RTE Player app to cast its content to your TV.
1. From the App Store, install the RTE Player app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Don’t forget to connect your iPhone or iPad, and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open RTÉ Player after installation.
4. Tap on the Cast icon from the top right corner.
5. Select the Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Once the connection is established, you can watch the RTÉ Player cast on your TV screen.
How to Chromecast RTÉ Player via PC
Also, you can visit the official website of RTE Player to cast your favorites on your TV.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Visit the RTÉ Player site from the browser. (URL: https://www.rte.ie/player/).
3. Click on the Chrome (kebab icon) menu from the top right side of the browser.
4. Select the Cast… option from the menu.
5. In Cast Tab, select your Chromecast device from the list.
6. Select Source (tab, desktop, file) from the drop menu, if needed.
7. Now play any video on the RTÉ Player site, and it will be cast on the TV screen.
Related: How to Chromecast Eurosport Player to TV?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can Chromecast the RTE Player app.
You can Chromecast the RTE Player app from Android or iOS smartphones.