|Video Players & Editors
|What You Can Watch on RTÉ Player
|Live TV & VOD
|Play Store | App Store
RTÉ Player is a free and geo-restricted live TV streaming service available only in Ireland. With RTÉ Player, you can stream live TV channels and on-demand content from its sub-channels like RTÉ One, RTÉ2, RTÉ News, and RTÉ Kids. The application comes up with the default Chromecast feature, which allows you to cast the in-app content from your smartphone to the smart TV and Chromecast-compatible TVs. This article explains how to Chromecast RTÉ Player from your smartphone and PC to the TV.
Note – The following guide also applies to Smart TVs with built-in Chromecast support.
- Connect your Chromecast to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the casting device to the same WiFi.
- Ensure that the RTÉ Player app on your smartphone is updated and running on the latest version. While using a PC, keep the web browser updated.
- For error-free casting, update the Chromecast firmware to the latest version.
How to Chromecast RTÉ Player Using Android & iPhone
1. Launch the RTÉ Player app, tap the profile icon, and log in with your credentials.
2. Once signed in, tap the Cast icon at the top right corner.
3. Select your Chromecast device from the list of devices connected to the same network.
4. Select and play your desired content from the RTÉ Player app.
5. Now, play the required sports content and watch it on the TV.
How to Chromecast RTÉ Player Using Chrome Browser
1. Visit https://www.rte.ie/player on the Chrome browser and log in with your account.
2. Click the three dotted-icon to choose Save and share → Cast.
3. Select the Sources tab and choose the Cast Tab option.
4. Choose your PC screen and click the Share button.
5. Now, play any content on your PC and watch it on the TV screen.
How to Chromecast RTÉ Player Using Edge Browser on PC
1. Visit https://www.rte.ie/player on the Edge browser and log in with your RTÉ Player account.
2. Click the ellipsis icon and select More tools → Cast media to device.
3. Upon finding your Chromecast device, click the Cast Desktop option from the Sources drop-down.
4. Choose your screen and tap the Share button.
5. Now, play the content on the website and watch it on the TV screen.
First of all, ensure that the above-mentioned prerequisites have been fulfilled. Then restart the Chromecast device to fix the temporary bugs on it. If the issue repeats, reset the Chromecast firmware and then try to cast the RTÉ Player app.
Yes. RTÉ Player offers a dedicated app on the Play Store to install on Google TV.