Netflix is the most used media service provider across the world. It allows you to watch movies and videos on a subscription basis. You will get content under various categories in HD streaming quality. With the cloud DVR storage option on Netflix, you can download movies and stream them offline. Netflix is available on almost all platforms. You can download the Netflix app on Android, iOS, and TVs as well. Moreover, with the inbuilt cast feature, you can easily Chromecast Netflix to any TV using your smartphone or PC.
- Video quality – Good
- Resolution – 480p
- Single device
- Video quality – Better
- Resolution – 1080p
- Two Streams
- Video quality – Best
- Resolution – 4k + HDR
- Four Streams
How to Chromecast Netflix?
Netflix is one of the many applications which supports Chromecast, and hence, it is very easy to Chromecast Netflix to your TV. There are two ways of casting Netflix:
- Chromecast Netflix using a Mobile phone
- Chromecast Netflix using Desktop
How to Chromecast Netflix using a Mobile Phone?
Follow the below steps to cast Netflix to Chromecast-connected TV using your mobile phone.
1. Plugin your Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Connect your phone to the same WiFi network as Chromecast.
3. Open the Netflix app and start playing a video in it.
4. You will find the “Cast” button on the video screen.
5. Click on it and connect to the Chromecast.
6. The video will now play on the big screen.
While playing the video, you can minimize the app and start using your phone.
How to Stop Casting Netflix to TV
It is very simple and similar to stop-casting Netflix using the mobile app. Here are the steps
1. Open the Netflix app and click on the cast icon.
2. Select the Disconnect button at the bottom of the page.
3. If you get any prompt, click Ok to end casting.
How to Cast Netflix to the TV using the Desktop
Follow the steps below to cast Netflix using your computer.
1. Plugin the Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Connect your computer and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open Chrome browser and go to the URL “www.netflix.com.”
4. Click on the Sign In option and provide your login details.
5. Start playing a video on Netflix.
6. Click on the three-dotted menu icon on your Chrome browser.
7. Click “Cast,” which is available on the menu.
7. List of available devices will appear.
8. Click on “Sources” and choose “Cast Tab.”
9. Now click on the Chromecast tab.
10. The Netflix video will get cast on your TV using Google Chrome Cast.
While the video is getting screened on your TV, you can use your computer for other purposes which do not interfere with the casting.
Note: Ypu can easily stop casting by selecting the Cast option and clicking on the Stop Cast option.
As Netflix is one of the compatible Chromecast apps, you can easily connect Netflix to your TV. Netflix is updating its content daily, and the users are entertained with more content day by day. If you have a Chromecast and a TV with a larger screen, enjoy movies and TV shows on the TV using the Netflix app.
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Chromecast?
Netflix may not respond or connect to Chromecast for various reasons. Let us see some reasons and fixes.
Buffering Issues: Buffering issues happen due to an improper internet connection. So make sure to connect your Chromecast device and the casting device with the same internet connection. Also, check for the WiFi signal or try connecting to other networks.
Connectivity Issues: Make sure to connect the Chromecast device and TV with the proper HDMI adapter. Chromecast shutting down are most common when your Chromecast device and TV are not connected properly. Keep your Chromecast device, casting device, and WiFi router in the same room.
Minor Glitch: You can easily rectify minor glitches or errors while casting by restarting your Chromecast device.
Other Fixes: Reinstall the Netflix app on your smartphone and Chrome browser on your PC. Update your Chromecast Firmware and the respective apps on your casting device.
For more details, you can contact Netflix Help.
Netflix is a subscription-based device and doesn’t offer a free trial. So susbcription is a must for streaming.
You can go to the Netflix cancel subscription page to do it.