Dailymotion is an online video-sharing service owned by Vivendi. It includes plenty of video content like YouTube. It comprises video content from different categories such as music, news, sports, and much more. You can access Dailymotion via the website or app. The Dailymotion app is available for both Android and iOS. Apart from streaming, you can also download your favorite videos and can watch them offline. Dailymotion is a completely free app that is available in 183 languages. Currently, you can access this service on 149 countries worldwide. If you are a Chromecast user, you can easily cast Dailymotion from your smartphone or by using the Chrome browser on a PC.
- Smart TV.
- Google Chromecast.
- Stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect a Chromecast 3rd Gen or any Chromecast device to your smart TV and set it up.
- If you have a Chromecast built-in TV, enable the cast feature.
- Make sure that your smartphone or PC and the Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Chromecast Dailymotion from Smartphone [Android / iOS]
Dailymotion app has built-in Chromecast support. So, you can cast your favorite videos from the Dailymotion app to your Chromecast-connected TV.
2. Next, launch the Dailymotion app after installation.
3. Sign in to Dailymotion using your account credentials.
4. Hit the Cast icon in the upper right corner.
5. Next, choose your Chromecast device to cast the Dailymotion app to your TV.
6. Play your favorite content on the Dailymotion app and stream it on your TV.
How to Chromecast Dailymotion from PC [Google Chrome]
You can also cast the Dailymotion app using your Chrome browser. To do it, follow the steps given below.
1. Open Google Chrome on your PC and navigate to the Dailymotion website.
2. Sign in to your account and play any video on the Dailymotion website.
3. Tap the three-dotted icon displayed in the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
4. Choose the Cast option from the menu.
5. In the list of devices displayed, choose your Chromecast.
6. Click the Sources drop-down and select Cast Tab. Now, the video content will be cast to your Chromecast-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Dailymotion app has built-in Chromecast support. So, you can cast the videos of the Dailymotion platform to your TV hassle-free.
Follow the steps below to resolve the not working issue.
1. Update the Dailymotion app.
2. Disconnect and connect the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast.
3. Restart your Chromecast device.
4. Update Chromecast to the latest version and try again.
By using the Google Chrome browser, you can cast the Dailymotion videos to your TV.