Prime Video is an Amazon-owned video streaming platform with tons of entertainment feed from different parts of the World. It offers Movies, TV shows, series, and many more with IMDB data linked in it. With the new Chromecast with Google TV device, you can watch all the available content on Prime Video as it was available directly on Google TV’s play store. Also, it syncs all your watchlist tiles to the Google TV device and lets you access it directly from the home screen even without launching the app. Amazon Prime Video on Google TV allows you to stream videos up to 4K sound quality and Dolby Atmos-enabled so that you can have a theatre-like movie watching experience on your home. If you are interested in watching Prime Video on your Google TV device, continue reading the article for the step-by-step guide.
Prime Video Pricing
- Prime Video – $8.99 per month
- Monthly Prime – $12.99 per month
- Annual Prime – $119 per year
Note: With the Prime package, you can access Amazon music, unlimited photo storage in Amazon cloud drive, free shipping, and much more features.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on Google TV
 Connect and set up your Chromecast with a Google TV device.
 From the Google TV home screen, click on Search.
 With the help of Google Assistant remote, type or say Prime Video.
 From the suggestion section, choose the Prime video tile.
 Click on Install to begin the installation process.
 Once installed, click on Open to launch the app.
 Click on Sign in and enter your Amazon prime video account.
 Click on Register on Prime Website and make a note of the code that appears on the screen.
 From your smartphone or PC browser, go to primevideo.com/ontv.
 Sign up with your Amazon subscribed account or create a new one if not available.
 Once signed in, enter the activation code in the registration code box.
 Click on Register device to activate and sign up your device remotely.
 Now, you can watch all the available content on Prime on your Google TV device.
- Without installing the app, you can still watch Prime videos on your Google TV device by casting from your smartphone or PC to the Google TV device. You need to connect the casting device and the Google TV device to the same WiFi network for casting.
- You can try out some of its alternatives like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, etc., which are also available to install directly from the Google TV store.
Frequently Asked Question’s
(1) What to do if Amazon Prime Video is not working on Google TV?
- Check whether the WiFi Connection is working fine.
- Check if there is any update on Google TV OS (System >> About >> Software update >> Check for update).
- Try restarting the app or even your Google TV device (System >> Restart).
- Lastly, clear all your app data and again sign in with your Prime Video account.
(2) How to Sideload Amazon Prime Video on Google TV?
There is no need for sideloading the Prime video on the Google TV device. It was available to install directly from the Google TV Store.
(3) Do I need a subscription to watch content on Amazon Prime Video?
Yes. It is a subscription-based streaming service, and it cost about $8.99 per month.