You already know that you can use the Cast feature to screen mirror Android Smartphone to Google TV. But, do you know that you can use the AirPlay feature on your Google TV? Yes, that is the answer to that question. But the only requirement is that you need to update your iOS device and your Google TV to the latest firmware. Apple devices are known for limitations for security reasons. But if you have recently updated your Google TV to the latest firmware, you can use the AirPlay feature. Hence, you can use the AirPlay feature to mirror the screen of your iOS device to your Google TV. You can further read this article to know how to enable the AirPlay feature.
How to enable the AirPlay feature on your Google TV
Remember that you need to update your Google TV to the latest firmware. Then, only you can enable the Airplay feature. To enable the AirPlay feature, follow the steps below.
1. Turn on your Google TV and press the Source button on your Google TV remote.
2. Move across the tab and select the Edit tab using your Google TV remote.
3. Then, return to the Source input.
4. Select AirPlay > AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
5. Make sure you have turned on the AirPlay feature.
Now, you have successfully turned on the AirPlay feature.
Related – What is the difference between Chromecast and AirPlay?
How to AirPlay iOS devices to Google TV
Since you have turned on the AirPlay feature, you can now mirror the screen of your iOS device. So, follow the steps below to do the same.
1. Connect your iOS device and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Control Centre on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Choose your Google TV from the list of available devices.
4. Now, the screen of your iOS device will be mirrored to your Google TV.
5. You can choose any available content on your iOS device to watch on your Google TV.
Obviously, AirPlay is an interesting feature everyone likes to use. So, you have an opportunity to use the AirPlay feature on your Google TV. But you must update your Google TV and iOS devices to the latest versions for compatibility reasons. You can surely try this feature if you have an iPhone because you can experience more with the AirPlay feature. So, it is concluded that you can enable the AirPlay feature on your Google TV and watch any content available on your iOS devices. At the same time, If you have any issues with your Google TV, you can visit the help center of your Google TV.