Zwift is not available officially on Chromecast with Google TV, but you can sideload the app on your TV as a third-party app. With Zwift, you can connect your smart bike and reach your goals from home. Zwift makes indoor riding more fun by making friends online. As mentioned earlier, no official app is available for Google TV, but with the third-party app installed, you can add Zwift to your TV.
With a valid Zwift subscription, you will get training from the world’s best coaches through 1000+ workout videos on Google TV. As Zwift features 11 different endless roads, you can ride and compete with your friends and showcase your skills to get to the top on the leaderboard.
Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV
There are two ways to use Zwift on your Google TV:
- Sideload it via the Downloader app
- Cast Zwift riding to your TV
How to Sideload Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV
As discussed earlier, the Zwift app is not available in the Play Store of Google TV. So you need to sideload the app on your Google TV using Downloader.
1. Turn on and set up your Chromecast with Google TV device to the TV.
2. Click the Search menu from the home screen.
3. Search for the Downloader app.
4. Select Downloader and click on Install to start the installation process.
5. Before opening the Downloader app, go to Settings and turn on Unknown Sources for Downloader.
Settings >> Apps >> Security & Restrictions >> Unknown sources >> Turn on Downloader
6. After enabling Apps from unknown sources, open Downloader on Google TV.
7. Enter the Swift APK download link in the URL field.
8. Click on Go to download the Zwift apk file.
9. Once downloaded, open the file and click Install.
10. After installing it, open the Zwift app and sign up for a new account. If you’ve already signed up, sign in to your account.
You can start your training with the Zwift app on your Google TV.
How to Cast Zwift to Google TV
If you are not interested in sideloading Zwift APK on Google TV, you can cast Zwift on Google Chromecast or Google TV with the help of an Android, iPhone, or PC.
1. Connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Search and install the Zwift app on your mobile device.
4. Launch the app and sign in with your account details.
5. If you use an Android device, go to the Notification Center and click the Screen Cast option.
6. On an iOS device, go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Next, choose your Google TV from the list to connect.
Once connected, you can use Zwift on your Google TV.
If you are looking for similar apps for home workouts, you can try any of these apps.
Peloton on Google TV is a popular application to get trained in running, cycling, cardio, YOGA, stretching, and more. Like Zwift, it also has 30+ world-class instructors who offer live and on-demand classes to improve your fitness routine with regular achievable tasks.
Wahoo RGT is a virtual training application for indoor cycling that lets users train, ride, and race. This app lets you easily link your BLE ANT+ Smart Trainer and Power Meter, including heart rate monitors, to track your performance while cycling indoors.
BKOOL is one of the best indoor cycling simulators. With BKOOL, you can experience training on some spectacular routes. BKOOL supports Chromecast, and you cast your content to the TV. BKOOL has a free trial for a month and you can try accessing the premium package during the trial period.
Yes, you can sideload using third-party apps like Downloader to get Zwift on Android TV, and it works perfectly.
Zwift requires a subscription of $14.99/month. But you sign up for a 14-day free trial to use Zwift for free.
Yes, Zwift is a good app for beginners, and you can use it daily to get the best results in your fitness routine.