Viu is a streaming application featuring Asian movies, TV shows, and dramas. It has a vast library of hit originals from Indonesia, Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Malaysia, and more. Moreover, it is free to download and watch your favorite titles from various genres. By using a Google Chromecast, you can even cast Viu to the TV and watch it in HD with subtitles.
- Google Chromecast (or) Chromecast built-in TV
- Strong WIFI network
- Android or iOS device with the Viu app
- PC with a Google Chrome
How to Cast Viu on Android TV using an Android Device
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Chromecast-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Viu app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Open the Viu app and play any movie or TV show.
4. Then swipe up/down the Notification Panel on your smartphone and click the Cast button.
4. Select your Chromecast-connected TV from the available devices.
5. The video will start playing on your Chromecast-connected TV via casting.
How to Chromecast Viu to the TV from an iPhone
As iPhone does not have native support for casting, you need to install the Replica app on it.
1. Connect your iOS device and Chromecast-connected TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Install the Viu and Replica apps on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Launch the Replica app first.
4. Select your Chromecast-connected TV and tap the Start button.
5. Then, launch the Viu app and sign in to your account.
6. Now, select a show to watch on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Viu from a PC using Google Chrome
1. Visit the official website of Viu on Google Chrome.
2. Sign in if you have a premium subscription.
3. Select a TV show that you want to play.
4. When it starts playing, click the Three Vertical Dots icon at the top right corner of Google Chrome.
5. From the drop-down options, click Cast.
6. Select your Chromecast-connected TV from the available devices.
7. Under the Sources menu, click Cast Tab.
7. The TV show will now play on your Chromecast-connected TV using Google Cast.
Note: If you are looking for the best alternatives to Viu, you can cast Viki on the TV and watch your favorite Korean movies and Chinese dramas for free.
Yes, you can directly install the Viu app from the Play Store on Google TV.