Kodi is an open source free media player that manages our local media and stream online content as well. The Kodi application has plenty of inbuilt features and it is famous for its addons. Kodi has nearly 1000 official addons which allow you to watch plenty of content. These addons are available in different categories like sports, movies, Live TV, news and much more. You can install your favorite addon on Kodi and start watching the contents right away. Let us discuss on how to install Kodi on Firestick in this post.
How to install Kodi on Firestick?
The Kodi application is not available on Amazon app store and hence, you have to install it as a third-party app. To sideload any application, you have to follow the below three steps:
- Turn on apps from unknown sources
- Install Downloader app
- Install Kodi on Firestick
Related: How to Chromecast Kodi to TV?
Step 1: Turn on apps from unknown sources
1. Open “Settings” tab on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
2. In the settings tab, click on “My Fire TV” option.
3. Click on “Developer Options” under My Fire TV menu.
4. Now click on “Apps from Unknown sources” button.
5. Click on “Yes“.
Now your device is ready to install third-party applications on it.
Related: How to cast VLC to Chromecast?
Step 2: Install Downloader app for Firestick
1. Go to search tab on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
2. Search for “Downloader” app and click on the below results.
3. Downloader app along with other relevant appears on the search page. Click on the “Downloader” app.
4. The Downloader app page will open. Click on “Download” button.
5. The app will start downloading and get installed on your Firestick.
Step 3: Install Kodi on Firestick
1. Open Downloader app.
2. Enter the URL “https://kodi.tv/download” and click Go.
3. The Kodi download page will open. Scroll down and click on Android app.
4. Choose an APK file to download. You can either choose ARMV7A or ARMV8A.
5. The APK will start downloading.
6. It will automatically move to the installation page once downloaded. Click “Install“.
7. The app will get installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Click “Open” and start using the app on your device.
Related: How to install Kodi on Windows?
These are the steps required to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick. After installing the application, you can start using Kodi application on Fire TV Stick. You can add your favorite addon on Kodi and start watching your favorite contents. You can also install Kodi app using ES File Explorer as well.
Thank you for reading this post.