VLC is one of the most used media players across the globe. It is available for almost all platforms like Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, and MAC. The VLC Media Player has plenty of features in it which include streaming online videos and playing m3u playlists. With its simple UI, VLC is considered as the best IPTV Player for PC. The VLC Media Player also supports casting the screen to TV using Chromecast. Let us discuss on how to cast VLC to Chromecast in this post.
How to cast VLC to Chromecast?
There are two methods to cast VLC to TV using a Chromecast.
- Cast VLC from Desktop to Chromecast
- Cast VLC from Android to Chromecast
Related: How to Chromecast Netflix?
How to cast VLC from Desktop to Chromecast?
The VLC app has an option called as rendering which allow you to cast to wireless devices easily. Follow the below steps to cast VLC media player to your TV using Desktop:
1. Connect your desktop and Chromecast to the same WiFi Network.
2. Open VLC Media Player and start playing a video.
3. On the top menu bar, Click on “Tools“.
4. Under tools, click on “Renderer“.
5. The VLC will display the available Chromecast device.
6. Click on the device and connect to it.
The selected video will play on your TV with the help of Chromecast. Thus, these are the steps required to cast VLC to the TV using your desktop.
Related: How to Chromecast Kodi to TV?
How to cast VLC from Android to TV?
If you are using VLC on your Android, then you can cast VLC from your Android to TV by following the below steps:
1. Connect your Phone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Open VLC media player in your Android.
3. You will find the cast icon all the pages of VLC.
4. Click on the cast icon and connect to the available Chromecast device.
5. The video will play on TV using Chromecast.
Thus, by following the above method, you can cast VLC to Chromecast using an Android phone.
Related: How to Chromecast MX Player to TV?
Thus, the above are the two methods to screen VLC to Chromecast. You can either use a desktop or an Android mobile to cast VLC Media Player. If you are not able to cast using the above methods, then you can try using a Chrome browser to cast your entire desktop and start playing a video on VLC.
Thank you folks!