Vimeo is a competitor to YouTube which allows you to watch ad-free videos. It is a video-sharing platform similar to YouTube precisely for creative artistry. Vimeo was introduced in the year 2004. Moreover, you can stream and upload videos in full HD quality. By the way, you can create a video and share it there to get some engagement. Users can subscribe to Vimeo either freely or on a subscription basis. It offers a separate app for Android and iOS devices. Let us discuss how to Chromecast Vimeo from different devices to TV in this post.
How to Chromecast Vimeo App to TV
There are 3 ways to cast the Vimeo app to your TV. From your Android and iOS devices, you can use the built-in Cast option on the Vimeo app. Since the Vimeo app is also accessible through the web version, you can cast it using the Chrome and Edge browser.
- Using Smartphone
- Using Chrome Browser
- Using Edge Browser
- Connect your Chromecast to the WiFi network where your smartphone is connected.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Vimeo app on your smartphone.
- While using the PC, keep your browser (Chrome/Edge) updated. You can update it from the browser settings.
- Update the Chromecast Firmware to the latest version for error-free casting.
Cast Vimeo App Using Android & iPhone
1. Ensure that devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Tap the Cast icon that you can find on the home screen.
4. Your Smartphone will start to scan for the compatible cast devices.
5. From that list, choose your Chromecast device name.
6. Within a few seconds, the Vimeo app will appear on the TV screen.
7. Now, play the desired content and watch it on the TV screen.
8. If you want to stop casting, select the Cast icon again and choose Disconnect or Stop Casting.
Cast Vimeo App Using Chrome Browser on PC
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Go to Vimeo’s website (https://vimeo.com/).
3. Login with your account.
4. Right-click on the screen and select Cast from the dialogue box.
5. The Cast tab pop-up will open.
6. From the pop-up, choose your Chromecast device.
7. After that, play any video content, and it will appear on your screen.
8. To stop casting, click the Cast icon on the Extension bar and select the Stop Casting option.
Cast Vimeo App Using Edge Browser on PC
1. Open Microsoft Edge on your desktop or laptop.
2. Enter the URL of the Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/).
3. Log in with your subscribed account.
4. Upon signing in, tap the three-dots icon at the top right.
5. From the options, click More Tools and select Cast Media to Device.
6. Select your Chromecast device to begin casting.
7. Now, play any video content from the webpage. It will play on your TV via Chromecast.
Yes, you can stream Vimeo on Chromecast TV using the inbuilt casting feature on Smartphones.
To fix Vimeo not working issues on Chromecast, connect your smartphone and Chromecast with the same Wi-Fi network. If it doesn’t fix, reset your Chromecast device.
Yes, you can stream the Vimeo for free. To access all the content on Vimeo, you will need a subscription.