Channel 5 is a British cable TV channel launched in 1997 and is a free-to-air channel. So, you don’t have to pay to get this channel. Currently, Channel 5 is owned by ViacomCBS, and you can watch some of the ViacomCBS owned shows like Mentalist, Once Upon a Time, and more other TV shows and movies. Also, Channel 5 has a dedicated app, My5, to stream channel 5 and its associated networks anytime. The My 5 app comes with a built-in Chromecast feature. So, you can Chromecast My5 and watch Channel 5 on your TV. But the My5 app is available only in the UK. To watch Channel 5 outside the UK, you need to connect to a VPN. Now, let us see how to Chromecast Channel 5 to TV
Related – How to Chromecast TSN to TV
How to Chromecast Channel 5
You can use two possible ways to Chromecast Channel 5 to TV. They are:
- Using Android / iOS Device
- From PC
Chromecast from Android /iOS Device
1. Connect your Android / iOS smartphone and Chromecast-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Then, launch the app after installation.
4. Sign in to your account.
5. Select any movie or TV you want.
6. Tap on the Cast icon from the upper right corner.
7. Select your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. Now, Channel 5 will play on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Chromecast from PC
1. Connect your PC and Chromecast-connect TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
3. Then, visit the official website of Channel 5.
4. Sig-in to your account if required.
5. Select any show you want to watch and play it.
6. Click on the Three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corner.
7. Choose Cast from the list of available options.
8. Select your Chromecast-connected TV.
9. Finally, you can watch the selected show on your TV.
Related – How to Chromecast Viu to TV
With Channel 5, you can watch all the popular movies associated with ViacomCBS. So, with the official app My5, you can stream all the Channel 5 content on all the supported devices. Also, the My5 app supports Chromecast devices. So, you can easily Chromecast My5 to your TV. Thereby, you can Chromecast Channel 5.