If you want to listen to high-quality songs with artist representation, Tidal is the perfect music service you can sign up for. Like other music services, Tidal also comes with Chromecast support. With the help of that feature, you can cast the Tidal music content from your smartphone to the TV.
Tidal is a freemium service, and you can use it either for free or by purchasing premium plans. The free version will have regular ad interruptions, whereas the premium version unlocks features like offline listening with unlimited skips, ad-free & high-quality songs, Tidal Connect, Tidal Live, and more.
How to Chromecast Tidal
There are 3 ways to cast the Tidal music to your TV. From your Android and iOS devices, you can use the built-in Cast option on the Tidal. Since Tidal is also accessible through the web version, you can cast it using the Chrome and Edge browser.
- Using Smartphone
- Using Chrome Browser
- Using Edge Browser
- Connect your Chromecast to the WiFi network where your smartphone is connected.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Tidal on your smartphone.
- While using the PC, keep your browser (Chrome/Edge) updated. You can update it from the browser settings.
- Update the Chromecast Firmware to the latest version for error-free casting.
Cast Tidal Using Android & iPhone
1. Ensure that devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Go to the Now Playing screen and look for the sound output icon.
4. Choose your Chromecast device name.
5. Within a few seconds, the Tidal will appear on the TV screen.
6. Now, the selected track will play on the TV screen.
Cast Tidal Using Chrome Browser on PC
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Go to Tidal’s website (https://tidal.com/).
3. Login with your account.
4. Right-click on the screen and select Cast from the dialogue box.
5. The Cast tab pop-up will open.
6. From the pop-up, choose your Chromecast device.
7. After that, play any video content, and it will appear on your screen.
8. To stop casting, click the Cast icon on the Extension bar and select the Stop Casting option.
Cast Tidal Using Edge Browser on PC
1. Open Microsoft Edge on your desktop or laptop.
2. Enter the URL of the Tidal (https://tidal.com/).
3. Login with your subscribed account.
4. Upon signing in, tap the three-dots icon at the top right.
5. From the options, click More Tools and select Cast Media to Device.
6. Select your Chromecast device to begin casting.
7. Now, play any video content from the webpage. It will play on your TV via Chromecast.
How to Sign Up for Tidal Account
You can create a Tidal account and sign up for this membership by simply using a web browser. For all new subscribers, Tidal offers a 30-day free trial.
1. Launch the Tidal app or website and click on the Start a free trial option.
2. Then, provide your email Id and click Continue.
Note: You can also sign in with Facebook, Apple, or Twitter ID.
3. Enter the password, date of birth, and a checkmark to accept the terms and conditions.
4. Click Sign Up and choose your plan.
There are two plans available in Tidal Music:
- HiFi – £9.99/month
- HiFi Plus – £19.99/ month
Depending on the plans, the audio quality and number of user profiles will vary. You can get a 3-month free trial for £1.
5. On the next page, enter your account credentials and click Done.
6. Now, select 3 or more of your favorite bands and click Continue.
7. Thus, the Tidal account is created. You can now enjoy listening to Tidal songs for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
→Connect your Chromecast device and smartphone/PC to the same WiFi connection.
→Ensure that the Tidal app on your smartphone is updated and running on the latest version.
→If you’re using Chrome browser on PC, update it to the latest version for error-free casting.
→Update the Chromecast firmware to the latest version.
→Reset your Chromecast device.
Tidal Connect is a simple technology that lets you stream the Tidal catalog on the supported devices via WiFi. You don’t need to install any third-party app for this feature.