Telegram is one of the best messaging apps similar to Whatsapp. In addition to chatting, you can share larger files such as travel photos, movies, series, and video content within minutes. Currently, Telegram can be accessed only via the mobile app or website. It does not have a dedicated app for Smart TVs. If you wish to view the Telegram content on Smart TV, you can do it with the help of a Chromecast device. You can Chromecast Telegram on the TV from your smartphone or PC. Telegram does not support casting. Therefore, you have to screen mirror the entire device to cast the Telegram app. If you are a Google TV user, you can sideload the Telegram app.
How to Cast Telegram on Chromecast-connected TV [Android Device]
(1). Connect the Android device and Chromecast Ultra or any Chromecast device you use to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2). Launch the Google Play Store on the Android Phone and install the Telegram app.
(3). Open the app after installation and enter your account credentials to sign in.
(4) Go to the Notification panel and look for the Cast icon.
(5). Select the Screen Cast option and choose your Chromecast device to share your Android screen.
(6). Now, you can view the Telegram chats on the Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Telegram from an iPhone / iPad
You have to download a third-party app called Replica to cast the iPhone screen on the Chromecast-connected TV. Make sure to connect the Chromecast device to the Wi-Fi network, same as your iOS device.
(1). Unlock your iOS device and go to the App Store.
(2). Search for the Telegram app and click it.
(3) Select the Get button to install the Telegram app on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Open Telegram and sign in to the app using the necessary credentials.
(5) Launch the Replica app and look for your Chromecast device.
(6) Click your Chromecast device and tap the Start button.
(7) Then, select Start Broadcast on the pop-up menu.
(8) Now, you will see the iOS screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
(9) Launch the Telegram app and chat with your friends on a larger screen.
How to Chromecast Telegram from PC [Google Chrome Browser]
(1). Ensure that the PC/ Laptop and the Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
(2). Visit the Telegram website on the PC/ Laptop using the Google Chrome browser.
(3). Log in to your Telegram account using your Phone number or scan the QR Code to access your account.
(4). Select the three vertical dots icon (Customize and Control Google Chrome) in the browser.
(5). Choose the Cast option in the menu and click the Chromecast device to connect.
(6). Select the Sources drop-down and click the Cast tab to cast the Telegram website on your Chromecast-connected TV.
(7). Now, view and chat with your friends on a big screen.
Telegram: Features & Highlights
- Telegram is a private social media app with access to lots of channels.
- It provides cloud storage to save chats, files, and much more.
- It is the best messaging app that can transfer files and videos instantly.
- The Telegram app does not have any restrictions on the type of file or size in transferring.
- You can send as many files or videos in the Telegram app without any limit.
- It allows users to create groups and channels for free.
- This app has high standardized encryption for messaging, and it also has a self-destruct option for chats.
- Recently, Telegram launched its paid version called Telegram Premium. Telegram Premium offers more features, such as unique stickers, 4 GB upload speed, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Telegram is not working on your TV, connect it with a strong internet connection. Also, check whether the Chromecast device is plugged in properly. If everything is set properly, restart the Chromecast device and try casting again.
Yes. You can sideload the Telegram app on Google TV using Downloader or ES File Explorer.
WhatsApp and Facebook are the best alternatives to Telegram.