Microsoft Teams is a group communication and collaboration software for Office 365 users. With the app, you can chat privately or chat in a group, make audio and video calls with ease. It is a one-place app for all your team’s needs. The app is integrated with your OneDrive so that you can easily access them. It is a subscription-based service, and you can use your Office 365 subscription or Microsoft Team subscription to access the app. Follow the below steps to Chromecast Microsoft Teams to TV.
Microsoft Teams Plans & Subscriptions
The Microsoft platform is free to use. However, you can upgrade to the premium plans to get some addon features. And with the free version, you can only add up to 100 participants and cloud storage of 5 GB free. And to more features of the premium plans that Microsoft Teams offers, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/. Also, you can refer below to know the pricing of the premium plans.
Microsoft Essential – $4 per month.
Business Basic – $6 per month
Business Standard – $12.50 per month
Ways to Chromecast Microsoft Teams to TV
There are three ways to Chromecast Microsoft Teams to a TV.
- Using iOS Smartphone
- From Android Smartphone
- Using PC (Laptop / Desktop)
- Google Chromecast
- TV with HDMI port
- Smartphone or PC
- WiFi connection
- Microsoft Office 365 or Teams account for hosting
- Connect your Chromecast device to the HDMI port of the TV.
- Make sure that your Chromecast and casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
Learn How to Setup Chromecast
How to Cast Microsoft Teams Meetings to Chromecast TV from Android Smartphone
You can follow the steps below to learn how to cast Microsoft Teams to your TV:
1. Go to the Google Play Store and install the Microsoft Teams app on your Android Smartphone.
2. Next, after installation, launch the Microsoft Teams app and sign in or sign up to your account.
3. Then, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
4. Now, from the list of available devices, select your Chromecast device.
NOTE: You must connect your Chromecast device and your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network to make your device visible.
5. Now, you can see your Android Smartphones screen on your Chromecast device-connected TV.
6. After you are done with the above steps, launch the Microsoft Teams app and join or create a meeting.
7. Now, you can video chat with your friend or attend a business meeting or interview on the big screen.
Steps to Chromecast Microsoft Teams to a TV from iOS Device
You know that you can’t default Chromecast your iOS device’s screen to TV. However, you can install the Replica app on your iOS device to mirror your device to your TV.
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the Microsoft Teams app.
2. After you install the Replica app, launch it.
3. After you connect your Chromecast device and your iPad or iPhone to the Chromecast device, you can see your device on the list of available devices on the Replica app.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices on the Replica app and tap on the Start button.
5. The final step is that you need to launch the Microsoft Teams app.
6. Sign in with your credentials.
7. Then, you can join or host the video meetings on the big screen with the help of the Chromecast device and the Microsoft Teams app.
Steps to Chromecast Microsoft Teams to TV using PC
With the availability of the Microsoft Teams app for your desktop, you can easily cast it to your TV. ANd you can refer below to know more information.
1. Open the Chrome browser and Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app to download the Microsoft Teams app for your PC. Then, install the app.
2. After you have done with the installation process, launch the Microsoft Teams app and sign in to your account.
3. Then, open the Chrome browser and click on the Three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corner and choose the Cast option.
4. On the top, a pop-up will appear. Click Sources and choose Cast Desktop.
5. Then, click on your Chromecast device when displayed. Now, open the Microsoft Teams app.
6. Make a conversation with your friend or colleague. It will be displayed on the TV.
7. After your meeting, click the Cast icon on the top and tap on the Chromecast device to stop mirroring.
Related: How to Chromecast Hangouts to TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cast Microsoft Teams to TV.
No, Microsoft Teams is unavailable on Chromecast. However, this guide will be useful for you to cast the Microsoft Teams to your TV.