Teleparty, which is formerly known as Netflix Party, is a Chrome Extension that allows you to watch Netflix video content along with your friends and families. If you plan for a movie night but cannot end up staying together, you can use the Netflix party to watch a movie together from a different place. It has a chat option to communicate with your friends easily. If you are still bored watching movies on a computer monitor or laptop, you can use Chromecast Netflix Party to watch the movie on your TV.
Features of Netflix Party
- Chat option available to communicate with your friends
- Easy to install and activate
- Syncs video playback
- Custom usernames, emojis, and icons are available.
- Easy to create parties and join one.
- Other than Netflix, it also supports streaming services like Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu, and HBO Max.
How to Install Netflix Party / Teleparty
Netflix Party is available as an extension on the Chrome browser. Follow the steps below to install and use Netflix Party.
1: Open Chrome browser and go to Chrome extension.
2: Search for the “Netflix Party” extension or click here.
3: Click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
4: A pop-up will appear. Click on the “Add Extension” button.
5: This will add the Teleparty to your Chrome Extension, and you will reach to Netflix Party welcome page.
6. Select Next on the Pin to extension slide.
7. Click Allow to grant permissions to access Netflix Party.
8. Select streaming services from the list.
How to Connect Teleparty with Friends
1. Open the Netflix website: www.netflix.com and sign in with your credentials.
2. Start playing a video on Netflix.
3. The Netflix Party extension will change the color from White to Red. Click on the extension.
4. If you are the only one controlling, select the checkbox and then click on “start the party.”
5. The extension will give you the party URL. Copy it and share it with the friends with whom you are watching this movie.
Note: Make sure everyone installs the extension to enable chat. Each Netflix login should be a premium member to access the videos on their computer.
How to Chromecast Netflix Party to TV?
Before proceeding, check whether your laptop or desktop is connected to the same WiFi network.
1: After completing the above steps, the video will play on all the computers that joined the party, and it will be synced to a single control or multiple controls.
2: While on the video screen, click on the three-dotted menu icon on the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
3: Click on the “Cast” button.
4: If your Chromecast is connected to the same Wifi network, the Chromecast device name will appear. Now tap on the sources drop-down and choose “Cast Tab”.
5: Now click on the Chromecast device name to play the video on your TV.
It is always fun to watch movies with your friends together. With the Netflix party, you can enjoy a movie night with a long-distance friend as well. After Chromecasting the video to TV, you can enjoy the movie on the big screen as Netflix is one of the compatible Chromecast apps.
How to Chromecast Teleparty using Smartphone
1. Install the Teleparty app from Google Play Store.
2. Select the streaming service from the list.
3. Login with your account credentials.
4. Click Start the Party and share the URL with your friends to connect.
5. Select the Cast option and pick your Chromecast device.
6. Then, enjoy watching your favorite video with your friends.
Yes, Teleparty is completely free to use.
Provide the proper link to connect and check for the WiFi status to fix Teleparty not working issues.