Google Chromecast is one of the best content streaming hardware that allows you to cast content from your smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PC to your TV. While streaming content on any streaming device, you might often come across some issues. Finding the MAC Address is often the first step in resolving any issues that may occur. MAC Address stands for Media Access Control Address. It is a hardware identifier that uniquely identifies each device on a network address on communications within a network segment. MAC Address consists of 12 characters separated into 6 groups using hyphens. For example, 00-00-00-00-00-00. There are multiple ways to find MAC Address on Chromecast, which are discussed below.
How to Find Chromecast MAC Address
It is possible to find Chromecast MAC Addresses in three different ways.
- In Chromecast Settings.
- During Chromecast setup on the Google Home app
- After Chromecast set up on the Google Home app
How to Find Mac Address on Chromecast Settings
1. Plug in the Chromecast device on your TV’s HDMI port.
2. Connect your Chromecast device to a Wi-Fi network.
3. From the Chromecast home screen, go to Settings.
4. Select the Network and Internet options.
5. Tap on the Wi-Fi network you are connected to.
6. There, you will find the MAC address of your Chromecast.
Locate MAC Address on Chromecast during Setup using Google Home
Note: Make sure that you connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network to that you will connect your Chromecast also.
2. Proceed to set up your Chromecast using the Google Home app.
3. Once your reach Connect to Wi-Fi page, click on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap Show MAC Address.
Locate MAC Address After Setup using Google Home
1. Select the Chromecast device in the Google Home app.
2. Tap the Settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen
3. On the Settings page, select Device information.
4. On this page, scroll down to the bottom.
5. Under Technical information, you will find your MAC Address.
Using the multiple ways mentioned above, you can easily find the MAC Address on your Chromecast device without hassle.