As ESPN supports Chromecast, you can easily cast the live matches and highlights from the mobile app to your Smart TV. For desktop, you can mirror the content using the browser’s Cast feature.
With ESPN, you can stream a wide range of matches from various sports, such as Soccer, Cricket, Basketball, Hockey, and more. You can even get to know the insights of players, matches, events, and analysis from experts.
This article will guide you to make a successful casting of ESPN from your smartphone or desktop to your Smart TV without interruptions. You can even check out the troubleshooting methods to fix when you can’t Chromecast ESPN as expected.
How to Cast ESPN to Chromecast Using Android or iPhone
1: Plug in your Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
2: Check whether your phone and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network.
3: Install the ESPN app on your Android or iOS from the Play Store or App Store.
4: After installation, launch the ESPN app and sign in with your TV provider account that you have used to subscribe to the ESPN channel.
5: Start streaming a live sports event or any video in the application.
6: You will find a “Cast” icon on the top right corner of your app. Click on the icon.
7: The app will search for the available devices and display them.
8: Click on the Chromecast device name to cast it on the TV.
The live stream or the video you chose will now be streamed on your TV.
Tip! Like ESPN, you can Chromecast Bally Sports on your TV from mobile or desktop.
How to Cast ESPN to Chromecast from Windows or Mac
1. Launch Google Chrome on your PC.
2. Visit https://www.espn.com. Next, click on the Watch tab from the upper right corner.
3. Next, choose any live sports event you want to watch.
4. Next, sign in with your TV provider account.
5. Now, the live sports match will play on your browser.
6. Then, click on the Three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corner.
7. From the list of available options, click the Cast option.
8. Click on the Sources tab and select the Cast tab. Next, choose your Chromecast device.
9. Start watching ESPN sports events on your Chromecast from your desktop or laptop.
How to Cast ESPN From Desktop Using Edge Browser
Like Chrome, you can even cast ESPN to the Chromecast device from the Microsoft Edge browser.
1. Open the Edge browser on your Windows and Mac.
2. Head to the official website of ESPN and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Click the three dots menu on the top right and choose More Tools.
4. Select Cast Media to Device from the given options.
5. Choose your Chromecast device and select the Source.
6. Once the screen is visible on the Chromecast-connected TV, play the video you like to watch on the big screen.
How to Fix If the ESPN App is Not Working on Chromecast
Follow the steps below to fix the issue if you cannot cast the ESPN app to your TV:
1. Ensure that you have connected the casting device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network. Also, keep your casting device near the Chromecast device to avoid frequent disconnection.
2. Check if there is an outage in the ESPN server by visiting the Downdetector website.
3. Turn off your Chromecast device and wait for some time. Next, turn on both your Chromecast device and TV. And again, try to cast ESPN on your TV.
4. Update the ESPN app on your Android or iOS smartphone to the latest version.
5. Update your Chromecast device to the latest version.
6. Try resetting your Chromecast device to fix technical errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cast ESPN+ originals and live sports to the Chromecast-connected TV. Ensure you sign in with your ESPN+ account credentials to do so.
If there is no Cast button on the app, you might be using the outdated app version. Update the ESPN app and try again.