CTV is a Canadian television network that allows users to stream live and on-demand content. It is a free service, but it requires you to sign up with your TV Provider to access the content. CTV is the official broadcaster of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Canada. So you can watch all 64 matches of the tournament without any hassle using CTV. With that, you can stream movies, TV series, documentaries, and kids’ content from the vast library. CTV also covers live TV on the On Air, uncut Hollywood hits, and Canada’s top-rated shows. It provides unparalleled entertainment with an extensive collection of exclusive content. You can stream CTV on various devices like smartphones, PC, Android TV, Chromecast, and other streaming devices.
How to Cast CTV to Chromecast
There are two ways to cast CTV to your TV using Chromecast
- Using the CTV app on a smartphone
- Using the CTV website on a PC
- Google Chromecast
- A TV with HDMI port
- A smartphone or a PC
- Fast and stable internet connection
Note: If you are looking for the latest Chromecast 3rd generation, we recommend you buy by clicking here!
- Setup your Chromecast device to your HDMI port.
- Connect your smartphone or PC and your Chromecast TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Chromecast CTV using a Smartphone
1. Launch the CTV app on your Android Phone/ Tablet or iPhone / iPad.
2. Login in with your TV service provider.
3. Select the content you want to stream on CTV
4. Click on the Cast icon in the top-right corner.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Chromecast.
6. Once connected, the selected content will start streaming on your Chromecast TV.
How to Chromecast CTV using a PC
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Head to the CTV website.
3. Sign in to CTV using TV provider credentials.
4. Right-click anywhere on the screen and select the Cast option.
5. From the prompt in the top-right corner, select Sources >> Cast Tab.
6. Now, select your Chromecast device.
7. Once connected, the content will stream on your Chromecast TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, only CTV News content can be streamed without a cable TV provider.
Use a VPN service and connect to a Canadian server to stream CTV outside Canada.
If the Chromecast device is not responding or stocks while casting, try restarting your device. Also, make sure your WiFi signal is stable and use the updated version of the app.