AC3 is an audio format and it is also a compression technology term for Dolby Digital. It is originally developed in Dolby Laboratories for surround sound technology. AC3 is used as a surround sound audio format that is mostly used on DVD and Blu-ray videos. AC3 is one of the most high-quality audio formats that provide excellent details on effects. Chromecast device supports almost all video and audio formats for casting except AC3. But you can still cast AC3 to Chromecast using the below method:
Chromecast Supported format
Chromecast supports almost all the most commonly used file formats.
- Image formats – APNG, BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and WEBP.
- Video formats – MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, MPG, MOV, OGV, WTV, 3GP, 3G2, 3GPP, H.263, H.264, H.265, RM, 720p/1080p/4K AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, and MXF.
- Audio format – AIFF, WAV, M4A, 3GA, WMA, CAF, DTS, APE, VOC, AMR, QCP, MP2, and M4R.
- For more details, visit the Chromecast Supported Media site.
How to Cast AC3 on Chromecast?
In order to cast a video with AC3 audio on Chromecast, you need to convert the audio format to some other audio format that supports Chromecast. To do that follow the steps below.
 Download and install any convertor app in your PC.
- Some of the popular converter apps are
- Format factory
- Pastime Video Converter Ultimate
- Filmora converter, etc.
 Load the video file with AC3 file into the converter app.
 Select any audio format to convert that supports Chromecast.
 Customize and adjust audio parameter if needed.
 Then export the file in the required format.
 Now your video is ready to cast on the Chromecast connected device.
 Cast and enjoy watching it on your Chromecast connected device.
As you will not be able to stream AC3 format using any Chromecast supported players, you have to convert the format to a different format that supports Chromecast. After converting, you can stream the same video to Chromecast using the above mentioned player. If you have any queries, ask us in the comment section.