Google Chromecast is a device that is used to cast media files from mobile phones or desktops to TV. While setting up the Chromecast for the first time, we will assign a name to it. If you are bored using the same name or added the wrong name, you can easily change it by using the Google Home app. Let us discuss how to change the Chromecast name in this post.
How to Change Chromecast Name?
Follow the steps below to change the name of your Chromecast device:
1. Plugin the Chromecast to your TV and switch it on.
2. Make sure your phone and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Open Google Home app.
4. Select the device for which you want to change the name.
5. Click on the settings button on the top right corner of Google home app.
6. Under device info, you will find the current name.
7. Click on it and change the name.
8. Click “OK“.
Now the new name is assigned to your Chromecast. Your device will now appear with the new name.
The above are the steps required to change the name of your Chromecast device. The same procedure is applicable to changing the names of other Google products like Google Home, Google Home Mini, and Google Home Max.
Thank you for reading this post. Visit www.chromecastappstips.com for more Chromecast related tips & tricks.