ESPN is a sports-based channel streaming Live sports events, highlights of matches, and much more. And if you have recently subscribed to the ESPN channel, you can access the ESPN app available on the Google Play Store and the App Store with ease. Also, the ESPN app supports Chromecast. So, if you have a Chromecast device or Chromecast-supported TV, you can cast your favorite sports events directly from your Android or iOS Smartphones to your TV. If you are interested in casting the ESPN app on your TV, you can further read this article below.
Features of ESPN
- Live streaming of thousands of events on a subscription basis.
- Listen to ESPN radio.
- Fast access to scores.
- Highlights of all matches telecasted under ESPN network.
- All on-demand videos of ESPN network.
- Live TV Channels like ESPN2, ESPN, ESPN3, SEC Network Plus, ESPNews ESPN Deportes, ESPNU, SEC Network, and Longhorn Network.
Related: How to Chromecast BBC iPlayer to TV?
Is it Possible to Cast ESPN to TV?
Yes, casting the content available on the ESPN app is made possible as the app supports Chromecast. So, with a single tap, you can cast the ESPN sports content on your TV with no extra cost. It will be no problem if you don’t have an ESPN subscription via cable TV. You can just subscribe to ESPN+ and access the ESPN app with ease. In either way, it is easy to cast the content from the ESPN app to your TV. Also, you can follow the guide below to do the same.
How to Chromecast ESPN to TV?
- Google Chromecast
- Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- The latest version of ESPN app
- WiFi connectivity
- A TV with HDMI port
Related: How to Chromecast DirecTV Now to TV?
Steps to Chromecast ESPN
1: Plugin Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
2: Check whether your phone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
4: After installation, launch the ESPN app and sign in with your TV provider account that you have used to subscribe to the ESPN channel.
5: Start streaming a live sports event or any video in the application.
6: You will find a “Cast” icon on the top right corner of your app. Click on the icon.
7: The app will search for the available devices and displays them.
8: Click on the Chromecast device name to cast it on the TV.
The live stream or the video you chose will now be streamed on your TV.
How to Cast ESPN to Chromecast TV from PC
Follow the steps below to cast ESPN from PC to your TV.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Click on the URL box and enter the URL https://www.espn.com/. Next, click on the Watch tab from the upper right corner.
3. Next, choose any live sports event you want to watch.
4. Next, sign in with your TV provider account.
5. Now, the live sports match will play on your Chrome browser.
6. Then, click on the Three Vertical Dots icon from the upper right corn.
7. From the list of available options, choose Cast.
8. Click on the Sources tab and select the Cast tab. Next, choose your Chromecast device.
9. Now, you can watch the ESPN live sports game on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Related: How to Chromecast BT Sport
How to Fix If the ESPN App is Not Working on Chromecast
Follow the steps below to fix the issue if you could not cast the ESPN app to your TV:
1. Update the ESPN app on your Android or iOS smartphone to the latest version.
3. Turn off your Chromecast device and wait for some time. Next, turn on both your Chromecast device and TV. And again, try to cast ESPN to your TV.
4. Update to the latest firmware on your Android or iOS Smartphone.
5. Ensure that you have connected the casting device and the Chromecast device to the same Wi-F network. Also, keep your casting device near the Chromecast device to avoid frequent disconnection.
6. Update your Chromecast device to the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ESPN is available on Chromecast.
Connect your casting device and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, click on the Cast icon that you can find in the upper right corner of the ESPN app and select your Chromecast device. Then, you can watch the contents from the ESPN app to TV.
There is no dedicated app to ESPN Plus, and it is only a subscription type. So, you can get the ESPN Plus content on the ESPN app. That means you can cast ESPN Plus to TV.
Yes, you can Chromecast the ESPN app from iPhone.
Update the ESPN app and try again.