Funimation is a video streaming platform that has content mainly focused on anime. Therefore, it is the best-suited app for anime lovers. It comes with a $5.99/month subscription tag with a free trial for 14 days. With the Funimation app, you can stream all the anime videos with English subtitles. The app allows you to stream the content in HD quality without any buffering issues. Funimation is a Chromecast-compatible app. So, you can cast the Funimation content using your Smartphone or using the Chrome browser on your PC. Funimation is available only in the US region. To get Funimation outside the US, you need to use a VPN with Chromecast to unblock the geo-restrictions.
Funimation on Chromecast
There are two ways to Chromecast Funimation video content to a TV.
- Using Smartphone
- Using Google Chrome Browser
- Smart TV.
- Google Chromecast 3rd gen or other models.
- Smartphone or PC.
- Strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your Google Chromecast to the smart TV.
- Connect the casting device and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Cast Funimation to TV using Chromecast [Android / iOS]
1. Open the Funimation app. If you don’t have the app, download the app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Launch the Funimation app and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Click the Cast icon displayed on the top right corner.
4. In the device list, choose your Chromecast device.
5. When the casting process is successful, you will see the app screen on Chromecast-connected TV.
6. If you want to stop the casting process, click the Cast icon and click Stop Casting.
How to Chromecast Funimation using PC
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Enter Funimation’s website URL https://www.funimation.com in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click Log In and enter your login credentials.
4. After the successful login, play any video. (Choose from the available videos).
5. While playing the video, click the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
6. Choose the Cast option on the list.
7. Select your Chromecast device from the list.
8. Click the Sources option and choose Cast Tab.
On doing the above steps successfully, the video will be cast on your Chromecast TV.
NOTE: You must connect your PC and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, you will not be able to cast Funimation to your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Funimation has built-in cast support. So, you can Chromecast Funimation.
* Connect the Chromecast device to your TV correctly.
* Update Chromecast and try casting again.
You need to connect to a strong internet connection to stream Funimation without any issues.