Almost all the streaming apps come with the Cast option to make the casting process pretty easier. But, how can you cast your offline file to Chromecast? Well, for that you can access the Airflow app. It lets you cast all your offline files to Chromecast by just dragging into them. The app is only available for Windows and Mac platforms. Airflow app is not available for free, it costs $18.99. You can get 20 minutes free as trial time. If you want to cast your offline videos to Chromecast from your PC, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Features of Airflow app
- Airflow app has a unique video processing method that it won’t affect the quality of the video.
- All the features on the app are very easy to use.
- You can add subtitles to the video too. Unlike the other streaming apps, it doesn’t transcode video to display subtitles. It will have no effect on the video quality.
- With instant scrubbing preview, you will know where you’ll continue before the video content loads.
- You can also add playlists to the Airflow where you can watch back to back episodes without any fuss.
- The airflow app also remembers where you left on a particular video. So, when you play the video for the next time, it will continue from where you left off.
- Google Chromecast
- A TV with HDMI port
- Windows or Mac PC
- Airflow subscription or free trial
- WiFi connection
- Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV
- Make sure that your PC and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi network
Related: How to Cast VLC to Chromecast
Steps to Cast Airflow to Chromecast
Download the Airflow app on your PC from the website https://airflow.app/ The app is available for macOS and Windows (32/64 bit).
Step 1: Open the Airflow app on your Mac or Windows PC.
Step 2: Drag and drop the video you want to cast.
Step 3: Now, click the Play button. The app will look for the Chromecast device.
Step 4: When the Chromecast is displayed, click on it to cast.
Step 5: When the casting is done, the video will be cast to your Chromecast.
Step 6: If you want to stop the casting, click the Disconnect button.
The Airflow app will give you 20 minutes of free play, use all those 20 minutes. If you like the app, go for the premium version.
Related: How to Cast Ace Stream on Chromecast
Airflow is a very useful app as it can cast all your offline videos to Chromecast. But the price ($18.99) looks very costly. But you are in desperate need, you can go for it. There are a lot of ways to cast local files from Windows PC to Chromecast, but for Mac, there are only a few. If you are a Mac user, you have no other option. If you have any doubts, tell us in the comments section.